JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Went out and had a PCC day at the range. Had 4 PCC's with me, the TNW ASR in .40, the Mech Tech (Glock) in 9mm, the Mech Tech (1911 - Para P14.45) and the new PSA AR9. Today was for breaking in the new ones and working to dial in the optics on them all. Everything shot well, including the 2 newbies, the TNW ASR (ran 100%, no problems) and the AR9 (also ran 100%, no problems).

I did run into one issue with the 9mm Mech Tech. I have two different feed ramps (known as Glock Blocks) for the gun - I had never bothered to mark which one was whicn - but only one seems to work in this gun. I must have grabbed the wrong one at first because the first 2 rounds I tried to load nose dived and I ended up with two very short 9mm rounds - going to have to pull the bullets on those.

Anyway, it was fun to get the PCC's out to the range today. Lots of fun to be had.

I feel for you ;-)
I now have 2 TNW's in 3 calibers. When I put the forearm on one barrel nut it will only work with that (10mm) barrel now. So I told myself to be careful to not end up at the range with mismatched parts. Well of course I did not listen. Went one day last week with the 10mm and the 9mm. Planned to just test out a new set of Iron Sights for the 10mm and have fun with the 9mm. Well when I went to put the 9mm together I did not have a barrel nut. So back in the bag it went. Now since I have an extra nut I am leaving one in the damn range bag. Since one original one will fit everything. Glad to hear the .40 started in. figured it would with a little break in.
BTW I found out last week that the lower grip on these is after the old A2 style. So I bought one to try and like it MUCH better. The grip on these always felt too small to me for my hands. I had tried a coupe sleeves I had here and had not found one I totally liked. After putting on one A2 it fit like a glove so I bought a couple more off ebay. Damn things were like $6.00 each or so, dead cheap.

:s0101:

These showed in stock just now when I checked. The boom of the PCC's makes me smile every time I see this stuff. I no longer feel odd man out at how much I love these. They are getting to where it seems everyone wants to make one. :s0112:

haven't had too many. hi points 995s a tnw asr in 45 but I love love love my gen 2 sub2000 9mm g17.

View attachment 367948

The first S2K I bought over 10 years ago was what really got me on the PCC fanclub. I had a Mechtech then I loved but the first one of these really set me off. I don't shoot them as much lately but every time I get one out I am impressed all over. REALLY like the changes they made in the Gen2's. I have no doubt that if it was not for the stupid BGC law I would have sold at least one of my old ones to buy a Gen2 by now. These are certainly not for everyone but make a wicked little carbine.

Anyone here tried the PSA AR45 kits? Apparently they're relatively new and takes Glock 45 mags...

I built an AR-45 20+ years ago. PNW receiver, SGW barrel. I modified the mag well and shaved the sides of the mags to make 30 round grease gun mags work. At the time the only other option was 16 round Uzi mags. I like the grease guns mags much better. I am not a fan of the Glock mag receivers.

IMG_2048_zpsvmcu3t8i.jpg

Thanx for input Lance. Way to crash a thread good job buddy!

:s0101:

ALL guns, accessories, calibers, and on and on always seem to have a few haters. Look at Glocks for a good example. It follows things like sights and holsters and everything. Some just "have" to tell all they think xyz is the worst thing ever invented and all are stupid who like it. <shrug>. Since the explosion of the PCC market they are getting their turn at this. I have heard it for years since I am a big fanboy of the PCC's. Makes me laugh and move on. I tell anyone who asks about mine, "they are not for everyone". :s0007:

it would be worth the hassle to get rid of the gen 1 for the gen 2 sub2k my good friend has the gen 1 and this thing is much better built. sights are so much better and seem higher. I had a hard time with the first one getting my face low enough for a good cheek weld. also the sights are metal and take ar sight post. that and the way the thing locks now are really great features. kel tec just keeps getting better and better

it would be worth the hassle to get rid of the gen 1 for the gen 2 sub2k my good friend has the gen 1 and this thing is much better built. sights are so much better and seem higher. I had a hard time with the first one getting my face low enough for a good cheek weld. also the sights are metal and take ar sight post. that and the way the thing locks now are really great features. kel tec just keeps getting better and better

If they had not passed the new law here I have little doubt I would have. It's just the hit money wise that keeps me from doing it now. I hate how I have to take such a hit now just to sell one I have to buy something else. It's pushed further back on the list by the TNW's. Since I now have 2 of them in 3 calibers. Have spent a couple K on them since starting in on them. It's made me want to sell one of my S2K's but every time I shoot them, then look at what I could get for them, I put it back in the safe again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top