JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, boys, girls and whatever I pulled the proverbial trigger and laid down the money for 2 cans. I hope I did ok as I tried to do my homework, I looked at vids and talked to the shop several times to make my choices so now it's your turn to tell me the good and bad and be honest please. These are my first Suppressors and hopefully not my last.

I wanted a can to mainly run on a Ruger 9mm PC Charger, a CZ Scorpion and a 8.5in 9mm AR and occasionally on several 9mm hand guns. As my main focus was on the PCC I went with the DEAD AIR WOLFMAN. I know the diameter is a bit large for most hand guns but that was not my main focus.

The second one I wanted a dedicated 22 lr can to put on my Ruger 22lr Charger and it will most likely never be used on anything else. I went with the GRIFFIN RESISTANCE 22M I was not real up to speed on this one but it was spoken highly by the sales guy, so not sure if it is good or bad but in 10 months or so it will be mine and I will live with it.

So what are your thoughts will these work for what I want them to do?

Why make your decision and buy the cans first and ask for input later? You apparently considered the inputs of those here worthless, so why bother asking now? (In my own case you'd be right in considering my opinion worthless, as I don't know a thing about this subject. :p.)

Why make your decision and buy the cans first and ask for input later? You apparently considered the inputs of those here worthless, so why bother asking now? (In my own case you'd be right in considering my opinion worthless, as I don't know a thing about this subject. :p.)

Because in all the years I have been on this forum I never looked at this section until now I never had a need to. Also, I have never used either one of these so thought maybe some one here has so thought I would ask if I fudged up or not, so I do value your opinion even if its late in the game.

We will just say it was some what of a couple day impulse buy.

And thanks for your response.

Wolfman is a great can. Love mine. You really can't go wrong with just about any 22 silencer these days. My only complaint would be that it's aluminum. That limits your cleaning options. You will be cleaning those baffles by hand. No dip or sonic cleaners for aluminum. But aluminum usually means lighter, so there's that.

Congrats on the new cans - it's the only way to shoot.

Wolfman is a great can. Love mine. You really can't go wrong with just about any 22 silencer these days. My only complaint would be that it's aluminum. That limits your cleaning options. You will be cleaning those baffles by hand. No dip or sonic cleaners for aluminum. But aluminum usually means lighter, so there's that.

Congrats on the new cans - it's the only way to shoot.

I was wondering about that on the Griffin 22m being all Aluminum. I felt good about the Wolfman and that is why I went in there to start with and the 22 can was more the impulse buy and after I talked to the sales guy, I went with it for the size and weight.

Now that I went down this rabbit hole I sure I will be on this forum a lot more as I will have a lot more questions as my next purchase will be a dedicated .556 can and I was looking at some of the OSS stuff.

I'm waiting on an Obsidian 45. Went pending seven months ago. Maybe free by Christmas? Can't wait to try it out!
I haven't actually hit order yet to start the process. I haven't decided on a host, I've kicked around a threaded KKM barrel for a Glock, or sending my 1911 in for a new barrel or to buy the HK45. I did however, order a threaded Volquartzen MKIII 1911 frame.

Interesting choice for 22 in my opinion. I'd say you may have been talked into by the salesman on that on. That's an aluminum, larger than most 22 can. It looks like griffin was trying to make something work with 22 and 223 but save on weight? At least you can run 3 lug or any of griffin's mounts on your 22s. That may work out nicely for swapping it around. I don't know if I'd trust aluminum baffles to 223 over a long period of time, but at least you have that option. It is nice that you get the internal volume due to its diameter at a shorter length, that's a plus.

You will like the wolfman. Though I bet you'll likely never run it long on the hosts you have. It's long in long, like almost 8" long. I've got an all steel 8" can. It's unwieldy and heavy! 8" of 17-4 on the end of something short and light is annoying. It does a good job taking 556 too, so it's definitely a very capable can. It's also quite quiet, especially in its short configuration.

Now you will drive yourself crazy over the next 8-10 months looking up reviews and watching videos till you get your in lol !
I have already looked at about 100 vids so far and ordered the Key Micro adapter and 3 muzzle breaks to use on my PCCs for the Wolfman, They should be here next week I think.

nteresting choice for 22 in my opinion. I'd say you may have been talked into by the salesman on that on. That's an aluminum, larger than most 22 can. It looks like griffin was trying to make something work with 22 and 223 but save on weight? At least you can run 3 lug or any of griffin's mounts on your 22s. That may work out nicely for swapping it around. I don't know if I'd trust aluminum baffles to 223 over a long period of time, but at least you have that option. It is nice that you get the internal volume due to its diameter at a shorter length, that's a plus.
The Griffin 22M choice was a combo of what I told him I was going to do with it and an impulse buy.

It is short and light and it is going onto a Ruger 22 Charger and like I said earlier never be used for much else and it will be direct thread. It is my back pack gun.
I should have done more home work maybe but two of the guys in the shop had them and felt it was a good can.

As far as cleaning goes It is what it is and I will deal with it as I work on older cars and motorcycles for fun so dirty nasty gunk is nothing new.

If it becomes a problem it will be a good reason to get another one. LOL

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads