JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No - I have three SIG P226s. One is a Mk25, the others are 226s for which I also have Mk25 uppers but the lowers are P226 (with SIG rail instead of a Pic rail, and the internals are probably not phosphate coated). I also have .40 uppers and a .22LR upper.

So hence, the designation I used - whichever way you want to configure them, they are a P226, a Mk25 or a P226/Mk25 hybrid (it would actually be a Mk24 in that configuration).
:s0153::s0158::s0012:

Oh yeah.. He he I'm thinking of the h&k mk23 :s0005:
Too many "Mk" pistols for me to keep track of.

The MK25 is the ultra tactical Navy Seal version.
I would not say it is "ultra tactical", the main diffs between it and a Plain Jane P226 (or the Mk24) are the night sights, phosphate coating and the pic rail instead of the SIG proprietary rail. Th anchor is a nice touch but cosmetic.

One of the P226s I have came with an extra Mk25 upper, and it has a slightly modified SRT trigger which makes it my favorite.

Yeah I'm not too up on Sig. For quite a while now I've wanted to do a 80% Sig kit, I'm REALLY hoping the laws are repealed and freedom is restored so I can start shopping for one. Hopefully I don't lose this one in a tragic boating accident but the 226's in particular have always attracted my attention. I like the all metal stuff. Other than that just your standard "common" fare.
I was never really drawn to company or platform history and nuance I just like the finished product to work well.

Edit: that's pretty cool though you can mix and match like glocks though that's good to know.

anyway pardon my diversion.

My HK 45 Tactical is by far the most reliable and accurate semi auto I own, but not very concealable.
That would have to be my S&W Performance Center Special Edition "Shorty 45" pistol. It's sole purpose is to be the most reliable and accurate carry .45 acp pistol.

The one I have the most training with!!! Reliability comes from knowing your defense tool as intimate as your own body, should be 2nd nature.

That said, the weapon I can consistently rapidly put on target as my trusty workhorse is….the Springfield XD sub compact, Gen 1. I know this won't be a popular, because it's heavy and a little wide, but it points well, factory trigger is repeatable, 1500 rounds and no issues!!

Last Edited:
My Ruger P90 eats any ammo I feed it, without a hiccup. I really like that pistol.

9C07B7E6-123B-4746-AC72-8773EB815D51.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads