JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can't remember now if you reload or not. Sorry about that! So do you reload any or all of your CF or shotgun ammunition?

Your black powder shooting sounds like fun and I am happy that you started to do this too.

I don't remember how much 22lr shooting that you or your family shoots. I would bring that up to 10,000 rounds bare minimum and if you can afford to do it to 20,000 rounds minimum.
I would do this since you can FIND IT NOW and it is at a reasonable price compared to the fake/real shortage time frame a few years ago.

Take care.

Cate
Added more.
Sorry for late reply no I don't reload.
I just buy stuff in bulk and shoot half and save half.
Sometimes I buy bulk orders and split it with a few friends.

I am changing my minimum stock compared to what I have actually been shooting with my arthritis the last couple of years and at 69 years old.

Don't choke on your coffee now! ; . )

My husband and I have been using mainly using Federal 22lr in 2 types for our RF ammo. (HP and LRN)

The other RF ammo is gone.

I only shoot RF - 22lr.

I am keeping 1300 rounds for myself in my Federal Auto Match ammo. (Four 325 round packs.)

I gave the rest of my fairly large stock of RF to him to add to his stock since he still goes to the range several times a week.

He shoots RF and CF firearms and usually CF firearms the most.

We went through all of his reloading stock again to check his inventory. He is okay there! I keep a record of this stuff as I do for food in my pantry and freezer. I do not reload and I never did reload. He has reloaded since the 70's. He buys some CF ammo on and off too.

(I sent him to the store to buy just under $100.00 of factory 30-30 ammo to support Walmart not caving in to the anti gun crowd the other day. I mentioned this elsewhere.)

He reloads ammo but not in LARGE amounts at one time as he used to do when he used to compete!

So if we do move - he will be moving mainly his components for his reloading. Not heavier ammo cans as he did many years ago. That just about killed him!

ALL of the components are organized perfectly and would be easy to move.

We did this together when he was downsizing his calibers and all of his firearms when he had more of a VARIETY of stuff and components to sort through.

Plus several 50 and 100 round green plastic cases with his reloaded ammo.

Plus his small amount of CF factory ammo in cans. NOT filled to the brim. (45acp and 30-30)

Plus the RF ammo in bulk boxes. They are in snug, flat, snapped shut containers.

Between cleaning out the file cabinet, shredding some paperwork, checking his stock and debating about some RE - I have been busy.

Have a nice Tuesday.

Cate
PS: The 20-20 elections and what is going on right NOW in gun issues should make everyone double check their stock even if they keep records. I listen to all sides and I don't trust any of them even when it comes to reloading stock!

Added more.
My mom still shoots a 9mm she is 72 but she can only do a few mags .
Out of the heavy Ruger P89 .
Then switch to the 22

Sure hope that Uncle Sam doesn't decide that that's too much and also to get rid of them "Assault Guns"

Just remember to those members of the Fourth Estate anything over 1 round is a "hoard."

Lol I was just cleaning up or reorganizing.
Stuff today.
So here we go.
2000 rounds of 9mm.
3000 rounds 5.56
400 rounds of 7.62/51.
1000 rounds 7.62/39.
600 rounds of .40cal.
300 rounds of 380.
6000 rounds of .22
800 rounds of 12ga different shot .but 200 of it is 00.buck
250 rounds of 20 ga bird shot.
100 rounds of .50cal lead ball black powder.
100 rounds of 36cal black powder. Balls.
350 rounds of 300 black out .
And I have been doing a lot of Shooting this summer.
It's time to go shopping.

EPS, I definitely think you would be viewed as a 2A 1 percenter. Way to be an over achiever! :)

Wait till they do us like Commiefornia and do background checks on each round you buy. No on line purchases, no bringing it in from other states. Get it while you can. Might even have to buy a bigger ammo safe.....

I used to keep 1k for each caliber on hand for emergency, and then anything over that as plinking ammo. But I've been buying too many guns to keep those numbers up unilaterally. Juat restocked my AK supply and found I can't fit over 800rnds in the can with them wrapped, so I have to decide if I'm dumping them loose or not now. Ammo management is almost as tricky as gun storage.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top