JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorta a planned impulse...

H3925-L100779430.jpg

Click on the image to see the fine gold wire work. This will be my first "Safe Queen" (I'm sure it'll be the one and only)! I've wanted one since the early '70's, when I first saw one.

Last Edited:
This. After hunting "rats" with the 93R17BTVS I had to try the A17 and topped it with a BSA Sweet 17 3-12x40 SP. Going to remain a virgin until next Wednesday. ;)

A17.jpg

I'll be darned. I thought .308 came along a while after that. Didn't know it was quite that old. Just read it was released as a commercial cartridge two years before the military officially adopted the 7.62 NATO.

1952 if memory serves correctly. However now I want a 1955 model 88 Winchester 308. The first year of the mod 88. It's a slippery slope.

However now I want a 1955 model 88 Winchester 308. The first year of the mod 88. It's a slippery slope.

I've had a couple of those over the years. Both .308's. One was a later one with the fugly basket weave impressions in the stock. Oddly enough, it had been a SWAT team rifle in a city in so. Calif. Before they had fancier equipment. The other one was an earlier piece, I'm thinking 1960. True checkered stock. This one had a police connection, too, it was an "evidence gun." Remember Lieutenant Tragg on the Perry Mason series? He'd get on the witness stand and when asked if he was familiar with a gun in evidence, he would point out his initials that had been placed on it. Well, this one had the initials, plus some dried flecks of blood and human tissue, circled in magic marker. It had a couple of mechanic issues, that's when I discovered that Mod 88 parts were hard to find and dear when found. I did resolve the problems.

1964 is the magic year for Winchester products, pre- and post. The Model 88 was a later design; when the economy measures came along in 1964, my understanding is that the mechanicals in the 88 didn't change. But the earlier ones have a nicer finish and wood. Mod 88 magazines are priced right up there with platinum coins.

They just released the Raspberry Pi 4B with 8GB of RAM and finally got USB boot working, so I ordered a second one (already have one of the 4GB ones from when they first released) and a Flirc case for it. Not in the plans, but I'm a sucker for gadgets and need to update my emulation setup.

View attachment 703256
View attachment 703257

Okay, maybe it won't replace my main emulation setup as I really like it. It's a Raspberry Pi 0W I built into a NES game cartridge (mine is Super Mario Bros). Not mine, but this is what it kinda looks like:

View attachment 703258

Inside:
View attachment 703259

Tinkering with computers isn't quite as expensive as tinkering with guns so that means I'm being frugal, right?

How often do you have to blow it? LoL

Ok boys! Iwi tavor or suspressor?

Tavor, you won't have to wait a year for...

Suppressor makes whatever you have quieter after a long wait.

The Tavor triggers aren't that great if you are used to nice AR triggers. Giessele makes a nice replacement - $300 is pretty steep, although there was a Tavor in the classifieds here that was priced very nicely. I like the Tavor a lot, personally, and I want a can (or several). I'd probably get whatever was on a really good sale first.

Let's see, in the last week a savage mark II 22 rifle and a Browning BPS, this week or next a Remmington 700 SPS in 300 Win Mag. Still looking for that elusive $500.00 Ruger Redhawk 71/2" 44 mag

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads