JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I own the same weapon and get the same results. I too love it. I don't understand the negative comments either.

I've owned a lot of AR's over the years, and put a lot of ammo down range through them. I've had 1 bad Bushie out of the 8 or 9 Bushies I've owned, and the issue with it was a burr on the bolt that would lock the gun up when it got really dirty (easy enough fix). I think Bushmaster makes a great gun. I haven't personally bought once since DPMS supposedly started making them (just a rumor I've heard). I got 1 Bushie in my safe that I've probably put over 20k rounds through with ZERO malfunctions or breaks. I clean it maybe every thousand rounds. Also...a couple gunsmith friends of mine who are in my opinion "AR gurus", and who's opinion I trust and value, say Bushmasters are great. One told me when he does rifle builds, his preference is LMT, Colt, and Bushmaster, in that exact order. He's built a couple AR's for me, and he's built hundreds of them. I'd trust my life to the Bushmaster I own. But then again, I've shot the **** out of it and it hasn't disappointed me or failed. Test passed.

Everyone has their personal preference. Just like you have die hard Ford guys who think chevy makes garage, and vice versa. My preference is LMT stuff. That's just a personal preference though. Doesn't mean my gun will do any better than someones Colt, LMT, Noveske, Les Baer, Bushmaster, Stag, Delton, Olympic, CMMG, or no name brand that popped up over night. Internet is full of "arm chair commandos" who will tell you what is best, same with gun magazines. I've been told by guys coming back from overseas that the M-16's "built by FN" (never personally seen one) are total pieces of junk. Now, is that because FN is a bad company (not in my opinion), is it because the US military buys from the cheapest bidder on a contract, or is it because that gun was probably beat the heck and seen more use than a $20 hooker? It's mostly based on opinion, or what they've read on another forum, or their buddy told them. My suggestion would be to buy what your budget can afford, and try to get something from a known company with a decent warranty. You can build something for a good price. Hunt around. Check out the classifieds on the gun forums. I've found some amazing deals and saved a lot of money that way.

I have had 10 bushmasters over the years and my experiences have been the same as above. One had a gas tube that came loose. Bushmaster sent me the shipping label asap, was picked up and returned within a week. One of my first ones, I busted the A-1 rear site, called up Bushmaster and they send me a new one free of charge. Called a couple of other times for a spring that I lost, every time shipping was quick and they were very nice. All of my Bushmasters worked great, excellent customer service. Funny how just a few years ago before everyone had one, and now some trash talk them, whatever they are GTG in my book.

I would think tools and shipping charges on all the little parts would eat up all the savings of self building one. I say just buy one, unless you really want to build it for the fun of it. Seems like lots of great deals on finished guns that are very well built these days.

I would think tools and shipping charges on all the little parts would eat up all the savings of self building one. I say just buy one, unless you really want to build it for the fun of it. Seems like lots of great deals on finished guns that are very well built these days.

The only "special" tool required is a wrench for the barrel nut and buffer tube nut. This comes in the form of an "armorers" tool. No way does it "eat up" the savings. $35 gets on the tool. The rest of the tools are common tool box tools. Remember I said "required". There are lots of tools that make the job easier but for one who's good with their hands and can use their noggin, not required.

BushmasterAR-15s.jpg

I've been running these 5 Bushmasters for years now, and have yet to experience a failure of any kind. They have had thousands of rounds put downrange. All have performed flawlessly, and have been very accurate. I also own AR-15's by Colt, LWRC, and Rock River Arms. My 5 Bushmasters run every bit as well as they do. Bill T.

BushmasterAR-15s.jpg

I've been running these 5 Bushmasters for years now, and have yet to experience a failure of any kind. They have had thousands of rounds put downrange. All have performed flawlessly, and have been very accurate. I also own AR-15's by Colt, LWRC, and Rock River Arms. My 5 Bushmasters run every bit as well as they do. Bill T.

Nice "Family Portrait":):)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads