JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There are a LOT of schools and instructors out there and lets not forget the interweb, so whats your best tactic/trainer/instruction?

Mine was a course I took in 1985 that started my career unfortunately it is no logner available, it was a full decade ahead of its time.

The next favorite for me was NRA LEO Firearms Instructor course (44.0 hrs)

BTW: My favorite defensive tool: Shotties! It's my favorite to teach as well (the AR would be next)

I love the fact that I get to go to the range at least once a week! More would be nice.

I used to go to the range almost every day and get paid to do it (6 of my FAVORITE years).

Lets see were this takes us.. GO!

Respectfully,

ORSECTRAIN
"Be Safe Out There!"

Here is our curriculum for our BASE level course:

Comprehensive Armed Defense:

Comprehensive Armed Defense $175 (call for prices for private classes) – includes all instructional materials, range fees and ammunition (unlimited .22LR and 50rnds of centerfire)

CAD is our course recommended for anyone who intends to carry or use a weapon in self-defense. This is the 3-4-day course consisting of three 4-hour classroom sessions and an entire day at the range. Included in the course is the NRA home firearms safety course AND the NRA Basic Pistol class, as well as a comprehensive overview of personal security techniques, EB’s ADD (Avoid, Deter, Defend) techniques, ethical and legal concerns about using force in self-defense.

Other topics include practice with a variety of concealment holsters, how to draw from concealment, target acquisition and sight picture and in-depth discussion of self-defense laws and the laws concerning concealed carry as well as practical instruction on what to do in the event of a self-defense shooting and exploring the best ways to protect yourself and your loved ones from a criminal attack.

Students will end this course with a comprehensive understanding of concealed-carry and all the information they need to successfully conceal-carry a pistol confidently. They will also know how to prepare a home-defense plan, secure their homes against intruders, the benefits/drawbacks of many security options and what the best weapon is for home defense. -And much more!

At the end of this course, even if you have never held a gun before, you will know how to effectively employ a firearm in self defense, prepare your home and your mind for self-defense and have all the information necessary to progress into a competent, prepared and self-confident member of the concealed-carry community.

This course REQUIRES either a valid conceal-carry permit OR a clean criminal record which is easily obtained from your local police or sheriff dept. to be presented prior to the last day of class.

We provide all needed equipment except for safety glasses and ear protection, including firearms and ammunition (unlimited .22LR and 50rnds of centerfire). We encourage you to bring your own defensive firearm if you have one, however we do not supply ammunition for your firearm.
I think we do more for less than any school in the country. We do this because we love to do it, we think it's critical that we don't outprice our market, and because it supplies a ready market for our more expensive and more demanding intermediate and advanced courses.

I challenge anyone to offer a more comprehensive and useful curriculum for the same price. I have hundreds of students that will attest to the efficacy of our training.

Having been to Frontsight, Gunsight and SIG courses, I think we offer a lot more, for a lot less.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads