JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just got my FourSevens Preon 2 in the mail today from amazon. Pretty cool penlight thats pretty bright for its size at 192 lumens max output.

And yes, I bought it on recommendation from Nutnfancy's video haha.

I too bought the Trustfire twins. I am ahead of you in that I did read the fine print and had my batteries here and waiting.
The lights are good. Reflectors clear and quality good. The tail switch feels a little funny. Hard to describe. Just not as clean running as I am used to I guess. Could just be the firm green silicone cover? Not bad , just a little less refined?
Light is great. Not a distance light, more of a flood with a soft hot spot. Color is very good. The 13000 lumens is an obvious exaggeration. It is very respectable though. Comparing to my 55w HID it is very close if not a little better. It does not match it for distance, but the usable area light is better.
I have another 35w HID lantern style light with a large reflector that blows these both away for distance and flood, but its size and battery life make it not quite as nice.
Overall , thus far I am impressed. Rose colored glasses are still on.
I am currently running the 18650 batteries. The sleeves do slide back and forth making some noise. Not horrible. I did go ahead and order a set of 26650 batteries to try. Might be nice. Some report better light and they should be longer run time.

I too lusted for the tiny monster, but I think these may have satisfied that hunger.

So my review is similar to yours.. not likely more than 1000 lumens and indeed no beam adjustment, but the flood lights up an entire block! I currently am using one as a bedside light in case I have to check out something outside like a shed or vehicle. Have removed the 3rd battery (tube) portion and found it's plenty powerful with 2 of the full size batteries (no sleeve) and also that gives me 4 reloads between the 4 full battery packs I bought. Would buy these all over again, great tools

I bought 3 of these, 4 bucks each. Good enough for an EDC.

:)

I bought a bag full of them and they rock! The beam adjustment really gives a good throw and it's awesome that they use one AA.. the strobe is sorta slow and they are not as powerful as many lights but for out to 40 yards or so they work well. Going to buy another bag full as stocking stuffers and just to have them in inventory!

I don't see the point keep opening new threads for the same things over and over. :)

I wasn't complaining so much as trying to let people know that the data in this thread is three years old. A lot of people assume that postings are relatively current and don't check the dates.

But since you brought it up...Why would one want to mix three year old data with new data? And especially as it relates to flashlights? Three years is an eternity with torches with respect to output, capability and quality on what was available in 2013, vs what's available today. Moreover, if the data is all going to exist anyway...be it in two separate posts or one large one...isn't it better to have two so people can easily identify what is current and what is old? Heck I bet most of the lights that were initially talked about in this thread can't even be purchased anymore. So how does that help someone?

It's a thread about flashlights, still relevant today and it's going to be relevant in 2018 too.

Different forums prefer different rules. Many don't like opening the same threads again and again. On other forums there are like a million threads with 2-3 post. People can identify things, every post has a date on it. There are also forums that throws old threads in a hidden "archive". That's the worst, since whatever you post, your posts disappear forever.

The question is, Is it against the forum rules to post in an older thread? :)

This thread bump reminded me that I recently re-assigned my Fenix LD20 after 4 years. Recently picked up a new EDC in an Olight S2a...very happy so far, much light and brighter than the Fenix just having to retrain myself on button position
upload_2017-2-25_16-16-46.png

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top