JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I make it across the river for a special occasion , I try to hit one of two spots. Both serve cajun/soul food. Either Miss Delta in North Portland OR Screen Door in NE. I'm a big fan of fried chicken and catfish, red beans and rice, and collard greens. Screen Door makes a ham gravy for mashed potatoes, and their macaroni and cheese is the goods.

For something more casual on my side of the river, usually Northwoods pub or Barrel Mountain brewpub in BG. Shoot, it's wing Wednesday at Northwoods. I may go tonight.

I expected something different based on your avatar...

Perhaps you drive to the "Veritable Quandry" (Portland) or "the Verdict" (Oregon City) in your Vega, a good Value for your Victuals where you would order the Veal, Very rare, or perhaps the Venison, with a side of Vermicelli and Vegetables sauteed in Vinaigrette, a Virgin Mary to drink and to cap it off, Vanilla ice cream. Perhaps later a night cap at the VooDoo lounge. ;)

Perhaps you drive to the "Veritable Quandry" (Portland) or "the Verdict" (Oregon City) in your Vega, a good Value for your Victuals where you would order the Veal, Very rare, or perhaps the Venison, with a side of Vermicelli and Vegetables sauteed in Vinaigrette, a Virgin Mary to drink and to cap it off, Vanilla ice cream. Perhaps later a night cap at the VooDoo lounge. ;)

Veritably.

When I first read this I was eating dinner at Road House in Springfield, my must have when I am here. The wife and I usually hit Applebee's near the mall in Vancouver because there just are not a lot of good casual places in the area. I also vote for Barrel Mountain in Battleground, been there only once but will certainly be back. We also like Hudson's Bay at the Heathman's Lodge if it is a date night. The Bow Picker in Astoria is the best fish and chips and always worth the drive. The best all around is in Oceanside Oregon (west of Tillamook) at Rosanna's. Entrées can be ordered cooked as you like (baked, grilled, ect) and a huge dessert menu. If you have never been you should try it.

I'm a Memphis guy myself - nice sweet and savory rub with sauce on the side.

Finally more people are moving up here from the south and there are some decent BBQ places around.

Sorry PNW natives but y'all don't know BBQ other then burgers on the grill:D (unless you've been edjumacated) and salmon of course;)
im Hawaiian. trust me, i know bbq.:D:D. i cook things in the ground too.

Thai Home in Sandy, sizzling spinach is my wife's favorite I like the orange chicken or the chicken chow mein. Nice little restaurant with outdoor seating during nice weather.

IMNSHO, Thai Home is the best Thai food in the region!!!:p:p
We're meeting friends for lunch there tomorrow!

If you want a return to the Veritable Quandary better hurry. I understand that it's closing soon! I courted my wife there 45 years ago!;)

Good Taste Noodle House in SE shares a strip mall with,
Jin Jin both excellent Chinese places, few caucasains!

The Fishwives N PDX seafood, especially Baby Yaquina Oysters!

Las Primas inner N PDX Peruvian street food! Incredible stuff!

Peanut butter pickle bacon burger @ Killer burger in Sherwood, tanasbourne(not open yet)

Hawaiian food @ Roxy island grill in Hillsboro and Kama'aina in Forrest grove.

Korean food @ gangnam Korean bbq in tanasbourne

Filipino food @ bobalicious in Hillsboro

Sushi @ crazy sushi in Beaverton or sherwood

I'm hungry now

Last Edited:
Dinner.

braCwjeBv6nYa1jrYDcquOcJ_9sbwFvYZDRfSNU3uFm8qijYFwdEavpgiEDj6w1HdxzsUXFPpgO7gpyP5g=w1528-h860-no.jpg

Had to take the wife to the Orthopedist @ about Mill Plain & 205, at 3 (on a Friday, from Beaverton)

Somehow I missed the freeway exchange on the way home ....

Not pictured: the celery tray, bread, 1/4 order onion rings, salad, and beverages.
Peppermint ice cream came after dinner.

Doc, it's still there, but they are negotiating to sell the property!
They still serve terrific German food! We had our sons engagement party there!
We tend to eat at Gustavs Bierstube, a big German Pub that was added to the Rheinlander about 15 yrs ago! Still great food on that side. A great happy hour menu and very reasonable! We eat there about twice a month.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top