JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There's a current thread running about your favorite 9mm.
Well what's your favorite 45?

I don't even have one (yet). Looking at the STI Spartan in 45.

So what's eveyone else like?

BTW, I didn't put what I would use it for as it doesn't matter. Curious as to what you have and why do you like it?

I have an STI Spartan, right now it is my favorite.
My ruger .45 is just as reliable, eats anything (more so than the STI) but is definately feels like a pistol that's a couple hundred bucks less.
AND.... the STI is quite a bit more accurate. I can make one ragged hole with the STI, the ruger won't do it. It still patterns fairly well, but the STI outshoots it by a good margin.
The springfield GI stainless I had was a jammo-matic, untill I finnaly got it tuned and running well, then sold it. And it was no match for the STI in accuracy, either.

SO.... STI Spartan is my favorite.

Webley Mark VI in .45 ACP. Its just fun to shoot.

IMG_0869.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A good friend passed away and left me a Colt 1968 National Match (pre Gold Cup). Accurate and very beautiful craftsmanship by Colt.

I have four 45 ACP pistols - the kimbers are for the range ( Custom II and Elcipse ) the S&W's ( 4516 and 4553 ) are for every day use and CCW, I find them more reliable for that purpose.

James

I have 2 45's. One is a Gov model (built in 1966) and shoots like a charm. I also have an 1872 replica in .45 schofield, and it is a blast to shoot. I like them both for what they are.

I have 2 favorites right now. My Para Warthog and my Ruger P345. The Para is a great carry piece and surprisingly accurate for the 3" barrel. The Ruger is accurate and reliable, but a little more bulky. So I guess that my Para would be my favorite, then. I think I will have a new favorite once I get my hands on the Ruger SR1911.

DW CBOB. What can I say, I'm a 1911 guy, but the CBOB may take a second place seat to the Ed Brown Kobra I picked up last week once I get it to the range and have a chance to shoot it.

currently it's my new FNP45USG, digests everything, accurate, 15 round capacity, polymer frame. Prior to that was my EAA witness 45 fullsize, 10 round capacity, accurate, steel frame. Both are great guns, but, if you have little girlie hands don't bother. You have to have decent sized mitts for either of these.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top