JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ive had dpms oracle 308 and rra lar8 varminter in 308 now have diamondback. All were good guns most accurate was rra.26 inch bull barrel. At 800 yds i shot the 2 inch center completely out with 40 rounds. 44gr varget 175 gr nosler custom comp.

Here's my favorite .308/7.62, a Ruger SR762. Sweet shooter, smooth and accurate, with a great trigger that surprised me as it's a Ruger setup. Not as nice as some of the more expensive stuff out there but damned smooth with a positive takeup.

021817%2001_zpshm4pxrol.jpg

I like piston guns as the BCG stays cleaner, longer, and pulling the piston and cap off is easy and makes for an easy cleaning job. I don't think a piston or direct impingement arrangement makes any difference in performance of an AR.

I use SR25 PMags in this one and have not had a failure. One day, after installation of the Precision Armament muzzle brake, I went out and hammered over 500 rds through this thing in one day. No failures of any kind whatsoever.

7.62%20muzzle%20brake_zpsybuyu0eq.jpg

The only thing I haven't done with this firearm yet is fire out to a distance beyond 300 yds. It's kinda hard to find someplace to go near Metro PDX that can accommodate that but I am very curious to see how it does at longer distances with a consistent load. Since I don't reload I've experimented with numerous factory rounds and, for the love of all that is holy, I still can't believe I get the best accuracy out of the PRVI Partizan 145 gr FMJBT & the IMI 150 gr FMJ. I haven't tried very many higher priced "match grade" loads but I will try some when I get the chance at some longer distances. I don't think it's gonna be super accurate as it is a 16" barrel after all.

Regardless, I really really really like this AR10 and it's little brother, the Ruger SR556.

Ruger%20SR556%2011_zpsmdb4h7kl.jpg

$700 PSA AR10 free floated, $600 if you buy the upper and lower separately. Then wait for a Larue sale and buy the MBT2S for $100 and you have yourself a very fine shooting .308 with a very fine trigger for a very nice price.

I just finished a 308 build with aero matched upper lower 24 inch fluted bull target crowned standard rifle stock bcg is nic boron with nikon p308 scope. Looks great but havent shot it yet.hope for sub moa bench groups. I have a diamondback 308 that looks nice and at 814.00 taxed out it seems to be a shooter but wont know till breakin is done. Ive had a oracle and didnt like the feel of it. Sold it cheap. My favorite though has always been rock river lr 308 26 inch with nightforce 5.5x22. Best shooter ive owned . The bn36 noreen 3006 is right up there and became my elk gun with 210 accubond lr. What a shooter!

Anything you say and post can and will be used against you in a court of law.

but, if I wouldn't have lost all my AR's in that dreaded boating accident, I would highly recommend the M&P line smith and wesson gas gun for a 308, 223, and .22

BUT, building one from the ground up will make an expert out of any newbie for knowledge of function.
I have a m & p ar10 - love it. It's a tac driver

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top