JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I recently discovered the world or Crossbreed and Comptac, and now I find I dont carry OWB ( On the waist band) anymore.. those holsters are so comfortable that I just wear it every where i got... they are spendy but WELL WORTH THE $$$$$$$... Have any of you just said Screw OWB carry and just carry IWB? Iv just got a ton of OWB holsters that Im thinking of getting rid of.. May keep one for each gun and thats about it..

I went with the comptac due to that fact I can use the same holster with different guns, by only having to change the bodies...

I've carried mostly IWB for the past 8 years. I currently have only one OWB holster.

When it comes to comfort, ease and speed of draw, there is no contest: OWB wins.

When it comes to concealment, IWB is the winner.

The decision as to which to use is determined by what your priority is.

I LOVE my Crossbreed IWB!!!

It also fits all of my handguns fairly securely.
XDm (made for it)
Glock 23/21
S&W .357 short-barrel
Beretta 92fs
Sig P226

I also love my crossbreed super tuck, Ive owned several OWB and they are harder to conceal and I can draw just as fast from my crossbreed IWB. Its super comfortable, I wear almost all day long everyday.

Mine fits my sig p220, sig p245, and my xd45 5"

If I had my way we would live in a society where I could just carry in a good OWB holster without the worry of concealment...but, when having to worry about concealment I prefer IWB. It took me a long time to find a method of IWB carry that worked for me but once I did I found it to be much easier than trying to conceal a OWB holster.

I've got a Galco tuckable IWB that has served me very well over the last few years. But I also keep a blade-tech OWB just for those occasions when the waistband is too snug for IWB carry.......

I have carried owb for 20 years in galco rigs and recently discovered galco iwb about a month ago and have enjoyed it's concealability over the owb. but thats just me, both have their merits.

Comp-Tac CTAC has made IWB work well for me the past couple of years. Before that, the Milt Sparks Versa Max II did the same for a different gun. I went away from OWB about 8 years ago, and haven't looked back. Now the only time I carry OWB is when I am hunting.

I now carry 99% OWB. With a coat on, it is mostly hidden any way. No one would really know it wasn't a phone holster. I got tired of that sore spot at 3:30 from my 1911.
Dave

It depends on what I'm doing. I'm wierd like that, I plan my wardrobe to how I'm going to carry. I don't care if it is 100 degrees outside, most of the time I wear re-enforced pants and boots...then a pistol OWB hidden behind an XL shirt.

My prefrence is OWB with my XD but I find myself carrying more IWB with my P& its just easier to conceal. I have a cross breed holster for the XD and it works ok its just a big gun to conceal.

I carry a Ruger SP-101 in a Galco Combat Master. (OWB) For years now I haven't bought a shirt or jacket without concealed carry being considered. My preference for both attire and concealment just happens to be large Hawaiian style shirts.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top