JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I recently discovered the world or Crossbreed and Comptac, and now I find I dont carry OWB ( On the waist band) anymore.. those holsters are so comfortable that I just wear it every where i got... they are spendy but WELL WORTH THE $$$$$$$... Have any of you just said Screw OWB carry and just carry IWB? Iv just got a ton of OWB holsters that Im thinking of getting rid of.. May keep one for each gun and thats about it..

I went with the comptac due to that fact I can use the same holster with different guns, by only having to change the bodies...

I've carried mostly IWB for the past 8 years. I currently have only one OWB holster.

When it comes to comfort, ease and speed of draw, there is no contest: OWB wins.

When it comes to concealment, IWB is the winner.

The decision as to which to use is determined by what your priority is.

I LOVE my Crossbreed IWB!!!

It also fits all of my handguns fairly securely.
XDm (made for it)
Glock 23/21
S&W .357 short-barrel
Beretta 92fs
Sig P226

I also love my crossbreed super tuck, Ive owned several OWB and they are harder to conceal and I can draw just as fast from my crossbreed IWB. Its super comfortable, I wear almost all day long everyday.

Mine fits my sig p220, sig p245, and my xd45 5"

If I had my way we would live in a society where I could just carry in a good OWB holster without the worry of concealment...but, when having to worry about concealment I prefer IWB. It took me a long time to find a method of IWB carry that worked for me but once I did I found it to be much easier than trying to conceal a OWB holster.

I've got a Galco tuckable IWB that has served me very well over the last few years. But I also keep a blade-tech OWB just for those occasions when the waistband is too snug for IWB carry.......

I have carried owb for 20 years in galco rigs and recently discovered galco iwb about a month ago and have enjoyed it's concealability over the owb. but thats just me, both have their merits.

Comp-Tac CTAC has made IWB work well for me the past couple of years. Before that, the Milt Sparks Versa Max II did the same for a different gun. I went away from OWB about 8 years ago, and haven't looked back. Now the only time I carry OWB is when I am hunting.

I now carry 99% OWB. With a coat on, it is mostly hidden any way. No one would really know it wasn't a phone holster. I got tired of that sore spot at 3:30 from my 1911.
Dave

It depends on what I'm doing. I'm wierd like that, I plan my wardrobe to how I'm going to carry. I don't care if it is 100 degrees outside, most of the time I wear re-enforced pants and boots...then a pistol OWB hidden behind an XL shirt.

My prefrence is OWB with my XD but I find myself carrying more IWB with my P& its just easier to conceal. I have a cross breed holster for the XD and it works ok its just a big gun to conceal.

I carry a Ruger SP-101 in a Galco Combat Master. (OWB) For years now I haven't bought a shirt or jacket without concealed carry being considered. My preference for both attire and concealment just happens to be large Hawaiian style shirts.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top