JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been fortunate enough to have hunted in 4 Western states and Alaska. I have harvested many fine head of game, which while none will make the book, they are trophies to me nonetheless. The biggest satisfaction is they were all hard earned diy hunts with no guides involved not even so much as a drop camp. I still would like to go on an African safari but that probably is just a dream as I would have to forget my diy policy and come up with a sack of loot to fund it. As far as a more realistic goal, retirement looms and I would like to get an upland pup and get back into bird hunting.

A Bull Elk and a nice fat Black bear oh and a 4 point Blacktail and and an Antelope

2004 was my best year. I killed my first Oregon antelope in the Warner unit, a mulie buck in a road closure area west of High 97, then a 5x5 bull in the Diamond Peak Wilderness area south of Odell.

Good times.

P

I'd love to just get an elk. Started hunting 7 years ago and yet to harvest an elk.
most of the huntinggear I dream of won't be needed where we'll probably relocate to next year.

This will most likely be my last year hunting in the PNW. I hope it's successful, but I'm happy to just spend the much needed time in the amazing outdoor playground we have here.

Its something I've taken for granted for far too long.

Hunting item would be an Al Biesen stocked M70 Featherweight in 30-06. I'd love to do an African plains game cull hunt.
I've got one in .30-06 Ackley Improved...

IMG_20191216_145139906.jpg

I just put a new 4 x 12 Nikon on it and put the action in a composite stock. The Al Biesen stock is tucked away for safe keeping. Worked up a few loads for it and hoping to sight it in this week once the wind dies down. I'd like to take an elk with it as well.

IMG_20201007_174543624.jpg

Where do ya start?
This year I used the first gun I ever hunted with as a kid, to take the first deer I know of it being used on, which was the first deer I ever took on our family's property.
Check those off.
There are lots of little things that I need to check off, like using Dad's rifles, but the BIG bucket list non-item :D is a trophy Blacktail. I saw a huge one several years ago. Of course I was hunting elk, but the view of that monster completely changed what I believe is a trophy.
I'd like to see my grandson get his first deer or elk.

Any bull elk would be nice. Never have gotten one. Had chances but something never worked out. Just seeing them in the wild is a victory in my book.
Be able to hunt areas that I hunted as a teen that have been locked up for different reasons.
Still being healthy enough to go even though it is getting harder.

In Oregon it would be using a Crossbow or a Burris Eliminator scope to hunt big game.:confused:

For game, it would be smoking a pack a day (wolves), and sneaking up on a cougar instead of the other way around. Or catching sasquatch in a bear trap.

My ticket would be a hunting cabin on aboutbfive acres where we hunt back East.
I fly back there this coming Tuesday for four weeks. Deer season back there opens on Saturday the 21st. I have a buck tag and three doe tags and can get two more doe tags if I find some one who wants some venison.
I will be looking st some properties and hunting camps while I am back there.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top