JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To answer the original question: an unconditional lifetime warranty is my pretreat.

Cleaning is a breeze with the peracetic acid dip, and the remaining liquid can be made disposal safe ( @308 @wired ) by titrating with potassium hydroxide, or regular drano drain cleaner. I worked with the inorganic chemistry professor at PSU to come up with the solution. The lead is precipitated out of solution as lead hydroxide, a thick, brown sludge, and the remaining liquid is reactivated peracetic acid. Which can be used again. I'm still working on the precise reactions, but the process completely removes lead from the liquid solution. More to come in a separate post.

That's some really nasty stuff there.

Wear gloves. I work as the plant engineer in a chemical plant and have access to store bought paracetic. Disposing of hazardous waste is likewise easy for me. There is the chemical process route as noted above but FWIW its much easier to dispose of when its simply left out to dry in a pan. Scrape up the residue.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top