JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You know, the sad thing is, this is why all the public shooting places get shut down. People have no respect for the nature or other people.
I always come with garbage bags, and clean up the best I can.

I hope everybody will do that too...

Yes, and make a mental note of how many of those sorry drivers are driving some type of Subaru wagon. Subaru drivers in this part of the country are horrible. I become extremely defensive whenever I have Subaru drivers near me. There is a real good chance they haven't got a single clue what's going on outside of their vehicle, or beyond the hood of their yuppie mobile.
Maybe true on the left side of the state, but get east of the cascades on through Idaho and into Montana and you will find people who not only know how to drive their Subarus, but will even stop and assist people who have antelope run out in front of theirs! I challenge you to find a 4WD pickup driver more conservative than this Subaru Forester driver. I got it for over 8" of ground clearance, AWD, and over 26 mpg on those trips to Montana. Stereotypes are rarely accurate.

There is a spot over here in Jefferson County that makes me want to vomit every time I drive by. It gets so bad that the lumber company brings out a tractor and piles all the trash up and does a big burn. There is no way that this one spot will ever be fully clean, it is passed the point of saving. When I see places like this one, I no longer get angry when they shut down public shooting areas as I know it is for the best.

I am part of the younger crowd but every time i go shooting i bring a large tarp with me so when i shoot the brass and shotgun shells get ejected onto that instead of the ground. Makes for a super fast clean up and when i get home i organize all the brass.

Almost a year ago I spotted some jackwads shooting at the power lines at Larch Mountain. I left in a hurry and found the nearest Forest Ranger. I ratted them out.
try and get photographic or video evidence for the rangers. it's key to getting criminal convictions.

without physical evidence, it's just hearsay.

What are all you Washingtonians doing down here in Oregon anyway?
It wouldn't have to with no sales tax, jobs, or, it's just plain nicer in Oregon.

It wouldn't have to with no sales tax, jobs, or, it's just plain nicer in Oregon.

Well, the ideal is actually living/working in Vancouver so you don't pay sales tax, and then buying all your goods and services in OR to not pay sales tax. Other than that I think they are pretty similar. Stupid people in both states.

Well I own a business in OR and live in WA and just let me say your state tax sucks so it is not that one:D

And yes stupid people on both sides of the river......

Unfortunately it is kind of the same in Oregon as well. Rather than new gin laws, why not spend some money on gun education.

I have pics of damage to camp sites done by snowmobilers, burnt picnic benches, sheety diapers on the ground, busted bottles and all else, I have seen abandoned diapers left by cross country skiers @4000 feet on Mt Adams (?). I have seen unique natural wonders defaced with graffiti, it's like PPL turn into bums when they get out to the woods, it ain't just hunters.
I have never understood such PPL, I guess they bring their problems with them.

Just heard a report from a local blackpowder hunter that all target shooting on FS Rd 70 and the surrounding area has been suspended.

Can anyone confirm this?

If there's a shooting ban on or around FS70 nobody is obeying it.

I was just up there camping for a few days.
There was plenty of high power rifle shooting going on from both sides of the river valley until around 1 AM.
We brought .22 camp pistols but left the long guns at home due to hunting season.

Most of the lower elevation camps were empty. Lot's of folks up in the 3 to 5K ft range. Presumably hunting.
Or spotlight night poaching for those unburdened by conscience and common sense.

If there's a shooting ban on or around FS70 nobody is obeying it.

I was just up there camping for a few days.
There was plenty of high power rifle shooting going on from both sides of the river valley until around 1 AM.
We brought .22 camp pistols but left the long guns at home due to hunting season.

Most of the lower elevation camps were empty. Lot's of folks up in the 3 to 5K ft range. Presumably hunting.
Or spotlight night poaching for those unburdened by conscience and common sense.

Are we talking about Mt Hood Forest Rd 70?

There is no special closure there, but into order to meet the criteria for legal target shooting, you would generally have to get up off the main 70 road onto one of its spurs, and then you would be fine.

A lot of the mess out there are from off roaders as well. I have seen camps after they left and they look like landfills. It is not all shooters. It is city people partying and off road, and about every activity you can come up with. Don't blame it all on shooters. Just because there is empty brass somewhere does not mean all the mess is from them. Many of the areas are close to main metro areas and everything from teen partiers to homeless and even gang bangers go out and use the areas to do their chosen deeds. The blame can be spread in twenty directions. We have seen it all.....

It is one reason when we go out for a day of shooting you will play hell finding us any closer than 50 to 80 miles from any metro area.

A lot of the mess out there are from off roaders as well. I have seen camps after they left and they look like landfills. It is not all shooters. It is city people partying and off road, and about every activity you can come up with. Don't blame it all on shooters. Just because there is empty brass somewhere does not mean all the mess is from them. Many of the areas are close to main metro areas and everything from teen partiers to homeless and even gang bangers go out and use the areas to do their chosen deeds. The blame can be spread in twenty directions. We have seen it all.....

It is one reason when we go out for a day of shooting you will play hell finding us any closer than 50 to 80 miles from any metro area.

I know what you are saying. We boat in a place that you used to be able to get to via a off road rig or a bicycle.... Well last time we were there I saw a guy and talked with him. He stated local kids coming up and shooting bottles and a couch.... Now you can not get anything up there.... It is sad when people just F things up.....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top