JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After reading a thread I have to sometimes hit the back button several times before I can get back to the page that I started from. When I look at the web pages in history (by hitting the down arrow next to the forward and back buttons) it sometimes shows multiple entries for a facebook page that I never went to or a Google page I never went to. This behavior started in the last week or so.

It's pretty annoying and only happens on the NWFA site. All of the other forums I read don't have this problem. I even tested the computer at work and had the same result so I don't think it's my computer's fault.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone know how to fix it or is something wrong with the NWFA web site software?

Thanks.

Yup, been happening to me for awhile now. Have to click 2 sometimes 3 times to go back.

Now that it is known in this thread, I am sure Joe Link and other Mods will get it fixed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!!

Just an FYI to you all - As this forum uses VBulletin as the software for the forum, what is happening is due to the ads that are on the page. I can't tell you exactly why this happens but I do know that this forum is not the only one plagued by this issue (the one I moderate has it too). It would be good if they can get it fixed somehow. But just as a suggestion, how I deal with it, is to just right click on links and select OPEN IN NEW TAB and then once you are done with it just close that tab and you'll be back to the one you were on.

I have none of the problems mentioned I think you should check your security settings or programs sound like you have got some sort of pop up virus

Just an FYI to you all - As this forum uses VBulletin as the software for the forum, what is happening is due to the ads that are on the page. I can't tell you exactly why this happens but I do know that this forum is not the only one plagued by this issue (the one I moderate has it too). It would be good if they can get it fixed somehow. But just as a suggestion, how I deal with it, is to just right click on links and select OPEN IN NEW TAB and then once you are done with it just close that tab and you'll be back to the one you were on.

I've seen this on a number of sites, it's not limited to forum sites either. Depending on how things load, an ad failing to load will keep the page from rendering in the browser. Opening pages in a new tab or refreshing the page are the best solutions.

I have none of the problems mentioned I think you should check your security settings or programs sound like you have got some sort of pop up virus

I don't think that's the case since I frequent about 10 forums and this is the only one with the problem. It happens on multiple computers too.

Ah, this is exactly what I was talking about. Get it fixed or no more donations to keep the site going. Of course I have seen some run sites into the ground and take contributions as long as they come in - then skip. Hope that is not the case here.

Ah, this is exactly what I was talking about. Get it fixed or no more donations to keep the site going. Of course I have seen some run sites into the ground and take contributions as long as they come in - then skip. Hope that is not the case here.
Boy, just posting a lot of self centered threats about holding back your $20 if they don't do what you want. How childish can you possibly be?

Perhaps if you'd been here 3 yrs. vs. your 3 months you'd understand.;)
And perhaps I recognize a tantrum when I see one. Time on a forum makes little difference in this case. I've already exceeded their participation on the forum as per the post count.

I am a moderator on a couple of different forums, one of which I've been there for 11 years and have over 28,000 posts. So, I've seen a lot. And this is just childish behavior, pure and simple. (If I can't get what I want, I'm taking my toys and going home)

And perhaps I recognize a tantrum when I see one. Time on a forum makes little difference in this case. I've already exceeded their participation on the forum as per the post count.

I am a moderator on a couple of different forums, one of which I've been there for 11 years and have over 28,000 posts. So, I've seen a lot. And this is just childish behavior, pure and simple. (If I can't get what I want, I'm taking my toys and going home)

Except that what we want is for the forum to go back one page with one click of the back button like it's supposed to. And that is a very reasonable request. I find it odd that the owner or a moderator hasn't responded in this thread. Maybe it's a money maker for the forum owner to have the forum behave in this manner? I can't think of any other reason that they wouldn't want to fix the problem and make the site easier to navigate. By their silence I'm assuming they aren't working to correct it. I'm not a financial supporter of this forum but if I was I definitely would stop until the problem is fixed. It's an unnecessary irritation.

Just a quick reply here, I have been reading everything posted here. I work 72 hour work weeks right now, six 12 hour days. To those of you who believe it somehow benefits me to not fix these problems, that's unbelievable. May 1st I put in my one month notice; I'm giving up a very good position I've held for three years and going back to eating top ramen because I don't like the direction this site is going. There's no way to address these issues (technical and community) without putting in time, so that's what I'm doing. This site has been and always will be my passion, my 'baby' if you will, and although I might not be able to pay my bills I'm going to do what it takes to make I have enough time to take care of this.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top