JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
+1 for Guncrafters. I live aboout 2 minutes away from there and I go in there 2-3 times a week just to update the "wishlist".:D Staff is very knowledgeable and always willing to spend as much time as you are to ask questions and B.S. :s0155:

Sounds like the gun shop in mac, just didnt feel like doing it, so he figured if he asked alot that you would decline, and if you decided to let him do it for 100.00 he would be making a pretty damn good profit. + 1 for trick's suggestion. I do the same thing on all my rifles, but i use a power pole transformer about 100 yards away for my boresite reference, to look down my barrel.. it always gets me close enough to get on paper when i go out to test fire/ finish siting in.

I get it propped on the deck or in my bedroom looking out and sight a star or something far off at night and adjust to that. Takes a little longer than if you had it clamped in, but what the heck, it's gun time just the same.
You will find that you are about as close as you can get with a bore scope that way. Takes longer but you can do it at home.
You still have to sight it in after it's bore sighted anyway so all you are trying to do is get on paper.

I had no idea that mounting/bore sighting a scope was hard at all--am I missing something? I just put a cheap bushnell sportview on my 10/22 today. Took it out and it was shooting 3" left, 4" high at 75 yards. No bore sighting or anything. 10 minutes and 20 or so shots and some tinkering with the scope settings at it was nailing shotgun wads at 75 yards all day. I assume that a larger caliber rifle at greater distances might take a bit more work though...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top