JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm shocked at all of the thread crapping going on. :s0109: Not just ads either.:s0084: Several threads in Legal have just gone to pot over stupid stuff. :s0018: Is the weather so bad nobody's out shooting? :gun10:

I'm glad this site isn't as heavily moderated :s0012: as some of the others I frequent but come on guys; lighten up. :cigar: Remember that we are here to share information :s0005: and support the 2nd ammendment. :s0160:

:peace:

I admit I have run into some real lu-lus lately who have set me off a bit but I promise it's not sexual frustration :winkkiss:

But it may partially be repressed need to shoot with this crappy weather pinning us down. It's a far more primal urge... :s0012:

It's the moon, and don't you dare disagree with me! :s0114:

Though actually I have noticed it, not only here but across nearly all of the internet, and it's even over the most utterly petty of stuff that doesn't normally turn into flame wars too.

Read, seen, or heard the news lately? It gets to us all at one point or another. We are not immune from the events, local or global, that shape our lives. The despair or anger, if you prefer, creeps into our everyday life and finds a vent on an internet forum. Easily understood...

Last Edited:
I think some times people take things a little too personal, but as several have already said, there is a lot of stress locally and globally that is affecting how people live.

i didn't mean to start a uproar when i posted the "ten years" thread...i was just trying to do the right thing and bring the info to the forefront so our friends could avoid trouble...i took quite a hide tanning for that one...i think were all just strong minded indeviduals... :D

I agree. One thing that frustrates me to no end is the abject refusal of some to amend their statements when faced by facts pointing the other way. The standard method is to attack the individual by ascribing beliefs and attributes that the attacker cannot possibly know the other holds. If one chooses to enter into a discussion they must be prepared to accept differing views, examine the logic and facts presented, and draw a mature conclusion. No one is correct all the time, but when your statements are shown to be false, a mature mind accepts the correction and moves on. Many here are in possession of deeply held beliefs that for some reason they are determined to hold onto no matter what the actual facts on the ground may be. That is their right. But you cannot expect others to accept all the dogma that supports your belief if it is not theirs. And by ignoring rational argument and facts and by resorting to personal attacks and assigning motives and beliefs to others you cannot possibly know are true, one simply exposes your own insecurity and closed mindedness. Civil discourse is based on mutual respect and a mutual desire for understanding. Many here just want a bully pulpit to expound their own world view without questions or disagreement. That is not discussion, that is indoctrination.

I agree. One thing that frustrates me to no end is the abject refusal of some to amend their statements when faced by facts pointing the other way. The standard method is to attack the individual by ascribing beliefs and attributes that the attacker cannot possibly know the other holds. If one chooses to enter into a discussion they must be prepared to accept differing views, examine the logic and facts presented, and draw a mature conclusion. No one is correct all the time, but when your statements are shown to be false, a mature mind accepts the correction and moves on. Many here are in possession of deeply held beliefs that for some reason they are determined to hold onto no matter what the actual facts on the ground may be. That is their right. But you cannot expect others to accept all the dogma that supports your belief if it is not theirs. And by ignoring rational argument and facts and by resorting to personal attacks and assigning motives and beliefs to others you cannot possibly know are true, one simply exposes your own insecurity and closed mindedness. Civil discourse is based on mutual respect and a mutual desire for understanding. Many here just want a bully pulpit to expound their own world view without questions or disagreement. That is not discussion, that is indoctrination.

exactly...i was wrong once before... :D

People are taking this thing called life too serious. I swear since I've been home from Afghanistan if someone isn't shooting at me or detonating an IED to initiate an ambush I don't stress over it. I care but don't stress.

There is one discussion about the left losing the gun control debate has gotten out of hand. Name calling, pointing fingers and used tampon throwing isn't even fun to read. Shhhheeeesssshhhhh people grow up!

SF-

One man's "facts" are another man's propaganda, just keep that in mind

just as one mans "propaganda" are another man's "facts"? its a two way street and no one is yeilding...its foolish either way...the law is the law...whatever, its all bs really...argueing for the sake of argueing...theres a law in wyoming says you cant walk your pet iguana on tuesdays after 3am...

I think sometimes it is the way people interpret what the poster is posting as well. Just because we sit behind a computer reading a thread doesn't mean we can gauge the intent, feelings, how it is being said or overall thought process of somebody's post as you somewhat mentioned. Just because you (or anybody) finds things in a post you don't like or disagree with doesn't necessarily make you right, or me either for that matter, it also doesn't necessarily make anybody "closed minded" either. Not sure how anybody can determine that just by reading a few things somebody posts on the internet (if you were referring to me, which maybe you were referring to folks in general). We are all Americans (I think) we are still free for the moment to discuss what we want within the rules, is it always wise? No, but with careful and responsible thought and intent we can have civil debate about many issues.

Anyway enjoy the sun.

I've noticed that many of us are argumentitive and opinionated some of us;) :s0131: do it on purpose 'cause it's fun. But whenever I've needed advice or help with something those same people are willing to help me. It may be because they don't remember that I'm on their Shidt list. Or maybe they are like me and don't even have a list

People are taking this thing called life too serious. I swear since I've been home from Afghanistan if someone isn't shooting at me or detonating an IED to initiate an ambush I don't stress over it. I care but don't stress.

There is one discussion about the left losing the gun control debate has gotten out of hand. Name calling, pointing fingers and used tampon throwing isn't even fun to read. Shhhheeeesssshhhhh people grow up!

SF-

First of all welcome home. I think you will find that as you slowly make the transition you will begin to have a lower and lower tolerance for the petty BS you encounter daily, due to your new perspective on reality. At least I did. I have progressed from dumping idiots on their butts, ( courts frown on that), to verbally assaulting, to locking my jaw and walking away. If you haven't looked into PTSD counseling do so. You might not even realize you have been effected. Good Luck and thanks for your sacrifice.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top