JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Seems like mid range AR parts like barrels, uppers, and BCGs are in short supply. This is my first AR build so don't know if this is normal or not. Can find barrels over $200, but chrome lined mid length seem out of stock in most places. Is this a normal cycle?

GC rhetoric ramped up after San Bernardino coupled with an election year and tax return time is my guess.

Just picked up an ACT LPK from Aim for $110 which is $30 more than the last one I bought.

I'm sitting on 500 barrels I got for $20/ea and can't source a barrel wrench.

just kidding.. seems like more than one person bought themselves a barrel wrench.
lol

Parts are still available online, just keep checking if they are sold out.
Seems like a lot of people buying right now with the election year and all. :eek:
Prices do seem to be on the rise though.

I've noticed real issues getting decent LPK's. Every website I went to was sold out. I finally found 2 on Ebay, but I don't think they're the best. I just finished assembling my very first lower and will be completing a rifle soon - my first ever build. The trigger doesn't feel like it's going to be the best, but it's getting me going, for now. Even since I bought these, I'm not seeing many LPK's in stock. Must be a lot of folks either building or buying up parts for future builds.

I imagine, depending on how the elections progress this year, should the unthinkable happen and we end up with anti's in the White House and on the SCOTUS, those parts are going to start becoming like .22lr - scarce, over priced and hoarded.

A couple months ago I bought 4 LPKs for $25 each.
Nice kits are smooth, no rough edges. These are nice.
Make a list of what you want and start tracking prices.
When you see it jump on it.
Or post your list and let others help source your parts.

February has been the month for .22 for me
Between Cabelas, Gander Mtn and Bimart, I bought 2900 rounds for $181 total
Bought 1400 from Cabelas, 750 from Gander Mtn, 750 at Bimart.

A couple months ago I bought 4 LPKs for $25 each.
Nice kits are smooth, no rough edges. These are nice.
Make a list of what you want and start tracking prices.
When you see it jump on it.
Or post your list and let others help source your parts.

February has been the month for .22 for me
Between Cabelas, Gander Mtn and Bimart, I bought 2900 rounds for $181 total
Bought 1400 from Cabelas, 750 from Gander Mtn, 750 at Bimart.

Sounds like we saw the same sales ;)

Lots of good links, really appreciate the help. My intent was to build a mid-quality gun as my first AR. So far, I've picked up an Aero stripped lower, ALG Advanced Combat Trigger, PSA LPK, and the parts for the buffer assembly at Brownells. Decided on the Hogue grip and stock.

Wanted to take my time and spread the spending out a ways. Obviously blew my plan of limiting it to $100 per month :D!

That Wilson Combat BCG linked above looks to be excellent quality at a really good price so I ordered one a few minutes ago. From everything I've read, the BCG and barrel make the biggest difference in accuracy so really being critical there. Want to go with chrome lined barrel with all the MIL-Spec QA. Looking hard at 16"w/mid length gas block. Possibly .223 Wylde, but they seem pretty spendy with the pedigree.

Still debating on the sight system. Because of my, uhm.... mature vision, looking at red dots. Possibly add a magnifier to make this a more versatile rifle.

ARPC gun show in a few weeks should help firm up my final plans if not lighten my wallet a bit!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top