JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In my defense, I have stated numerous times that I am well aware that these are extraordinary times and fully expected there to be some glitches in processing my transaction, like delayed shipping, but I also expected that to have been communicated to me. I have been totally ignored since the auction closed - not one scintilla of communication from NWA. As of tomorrow they will have had my money for two weeks and limited staff or not, that is ample time to ship (BTW CapinJRo, where did this "free" gun come from - they have been paid in full for the gun + SHI) . Even if they needed more than that - the customer needs to be kept in the loop. This was an Internet auction transaction - no human contact, no time consuming waiting on the customer - simply take the money, ship the goods.

I have tried to contact them by e-mail three times. Also used their contact page on the website. Have called numerous times to both the 503-654-7974 number (rings once and cuts off) and the 480-687-4491 number, which appears to be in AZ, but is designated as the contact number for auction sales. This rings and answers and then ultimately tells you that you can't leave a message as the voice mailbox is full. I also e-mailed the owner of the auction site (not Gun Broker).

I am a reasonable person and this isn't my first rodeo - I buy a lot of guns via the various guns for sale and auction sites. I would have been perfectly OK with an extended ship time. I would have worked with the business in any way I could have in order to facilitate this transaction - but all that first requires communication - which, on the part of NWA, has not been forthcoming. OK, today I feel that there is no other alternative - I filed a complaint with the BBB. To accept money from a customer, who is dealing in good faith, and then not complete the transaction by shipping the goods is totally unacceptable. Worse yet is the total non-communication, which makes resolution impossible. This meets the legal definition of fraudulent conversion - but I'm not ready to go down that road yet. I just want what I bought.

Sorry for the venting.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Your well within reason Pizza Bob, nobody here can say different! I and the rest would be super pizzed to be made to go through what your going through, and this business needs to hear it! They have lost MY business, such as it is, and I'm sure others here will be thinking a little before making a trip to that shop! I'm sorry this situation brought you to us, but hey, your welcome to stay and hang with us here, you'll find us a pretty great bunch of folks once you get to know us! :D

I'm sure there are a lot that can be said about any retail establishment but my point was that @Pizza Bob is clear on the other side of the country and is waiting for a free gun, he joined NW firearms just to complain about one gun store and nothing else.

Calm down Bob, I know your board just like the rest of the non essental people that need to stay home but... calm down Bob!
Easy there pardner, I think you misunderstand what's going on here! Pizza Bob is having a major issue with a vendor in our area and is seeking comment and perhaps even a little of our help getting resolution! This isn't a free gun, he purchased it at auction from this vendor in good faith, that vendor broke the faith here and needs to be held accountable for it!
Carry on!

An out of stater that has never been into the shop criticizing a gun shop in middle of a global pandemic!? If you haven't noticed @Pizza Bob there was a lot of guns purchased resently.
You cannot be this dense. A used gun that was sold on gunbroker was already paid for and zero response. Menwhile they are open for business everyday with lines around the corner.

Someone who already paid (2 weeks ago) is priority over new sales.

Its terrible business practices and only highlights their attitude.

How about you send the OP the cash to make him whole, and then you can sit and wait for the seller to get around on their timeline.

Some people man...………….

Bob you may want to report them to the MODS here as well. Any company treating their customers like that should be banned from advertising and doing business here.

Bob you may want to report them to the MODS here as well. Any company treating their customers like that should be banned from advertising and doing business here.
NWA are NOT supporting vendors here! I would advise doing a search of our vendor lists and leaving a "report" of your experiences with them!
Folks do search this sight for recommendations for business, and if there are bad reviews, guess what! For a giggle or three, search "The Gun Room" that should tell you all you need to know!

NWA are NOT supporting vendors here! I would advise doing a search of our vendor lists and leaving a "report" of your experiences with them!
Folks do search this sight for recommendations for business, and if there are bad reviews, guess what! For a giggle or three, search "The Gun Room" that should tell you all you need to know!
Beaver Creek Armory is a fun one too! :s0114:

In my defense, I have stated numerous times that I am well aware that these are extraordinary times and fully expected there to be some glitches in processing my transaction, like delayed shipping, but I also expected that to have been communicated to me. I have been totally ignored since the auction closed - not one scintilla of communication from NWA. As of tomorrow they will have had my money for two weeks and limited staff or not, that is ample time to ship (BTW CapinJRo, where did this "free" gun come from - they have been paid in full for the gun + SHI) . Even if they needed more than that - the customer needs to be kept in the loop. This was an Internet auction transaction - no human contact, no time consuming waiting on the customer - simply take the money, ship the goods.

I have tried to contact them by e-mail three times. Also used their contact page on the website. Have called numerous times to both the 503-654-7974 number (rings once and cuts off) and the 480-687-4491 number, which appears to be in AZ, but is designated as the contact number for auction sales. This rings and answers and then ultimately tells you that you can't leave a message as the voice mailbox is full. I also e-mailed the owner of the auction site (not Gun Broker).

I am a reasonable person and this isn't my first rodeo - I buy a lot of guns via the various guns for sale and auction sites. I would have been perfectly OK with an extended ship time. I would have worked with the business in any way I could have in order to facilitate this transaction - but all that first requires communication - which, on the part of NWA, has not been forthcoming. OK, today I feel that there is no other alternative - I filed a complaint with the BBB. To accept money from a customer, who is dealing in good faith, and then not complete the transaction by shipping the goods is totally unacceptable. Worse yet is the total non-communication, which makes resolution impossible. This meets the legal definition of fraudulent conversion - but I'm not ready to go down that road yet. I just want what I bought.

Sorry for the venting.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Hey bob. I'll just tell you, seeing as you have no idea of what kind of shop Northwest Armory is, that they are a long time respected, high volume, gun shop. I've never had bad service there, but then I don't go in at peak times. Wifey and I have bought a couple guns from them over the years. We've always had attentive service when we've been there just to talk, window shop and fondle, but like I said, that's off peak times. I'm going to say, you're not being ripped off, and I have to believe they are doing the best they can considering the times we are in.

I heard the owner doing an interview with Lard Larson (Radio show hack) a week ago. He sounded pretty drug out. (That's DRUG OUT NOT drugged out. It's probably not going to do anything good for anybody calling people to make formal complaints. You see how nutty people are getting with TOILET PAPER for hell's sake? Well, from what I've been seeing, there are a lot of gun people that are bordering on just as nutty. I know two weeks seem like an eternity. Especially when you can't go about your life like your used to doing. but it's not that long really. Give it time and I'm sure you'll get what your supposed to.

EDIT: And seeing as we're all sitting around here, bored, tell us about the gun you don't have yet? Something old and cool? Pictures?

Last Edited:
Mike: You are right, two weeks in the general scheme of things is not a long time to have not received what I paid for. But two weeks without even an acknowledgement of the transaction taking place or any communication from the vendor, is an eternity. I am in NJ which is the second hottest spot for covid-19 behind NY, so yes, I do know how crazy people can get. But again, there is a difference between taking additional time to ship due to the current circumstances, and totally ignoring someone who has already paid in full for goods that you advertised for sale.

Enough of that. I am a member of the S&W Collectors Association and while my collection is pretty eclectic, it does favor big-bore N-frames. The gun I bought is a Model 22-4 with a color case-hardened frame (done by Doug Turnbull) and is part of Smith's Classic Series. It is a .45 ACP/AR and is essentially a reprise of the Model of 1917, commercial version. Here's a stock photo of the gun...

22-4-CCH.jpg

The one at NWA has some funky aftermarket stocks on it, but I have already purchased the correct stocks for it (no problem getting them from the vendor - sorry).

I wanted it to complement another of the same model, that I have, in nickel...

22-4-nickel.jpg

Thanks for the opportunity to show them off. LOL

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Mike: You are right, two weeks in the general scheme of things is not a long time to have not received what I paid for. But two weeks without even an acknowledgement of the transaction taking place or any communication from the vendor, is an eternity. I am in NJ which is the second hottest spot for covid-19 behind NY, so yes, I do know how crazy people can get. But again, there is a difference between taking additional time to ship due to the current circumstances, and totally ignoring someone who has already paid in full for goods that you advertised for sale.

Enough of that. I am a member of the S&W Collectors Association and while my collection is pretty eclectic, it does favor big-bore N-frames. The gun I bought is a Model 22-4 with a color case-hardened frame (done by Doug Turnbull) and is part of Smith's Classic Series. It is a .45 ACP/AR and is essentially a reprise of the Model of 1917, commercial version. Here's a stock photo of the gun...

View attachment 680733

The one at NWA has some funky aftermarket stocks on it, but I have already purchased the correct stocks for it (no problem getting them from the vendor - sorry).

View attachment 680734

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Good old S&W! I'm a Smith & Wesson guy myself. The older classics are just a cool as Colt, for me, but you can afford to collect and shoot them too!

Good deal getting original stocks too. Something about aftermarket stocks on a guns like these. Just doesn't work for me.

View attachment 680733

View attachment 680734

Adios,

Pizza Bob
I'd be eager to have that in hand as well!
We kinda like showmanship around here...
Welcome!
:s0155:

I tried to visit their Tigard store and it seems they pulled a Cabela's and are only doing "curbside" delivery of online ordered products and handling finishing up delayed background checks that come through. Sunset Firearms and Tigard Pawn are open for business. One or the other isn't doing something right and I suspect it's NW Armory.

If you're in Tigard, don't forget Oregon Rifleworks. That has been my go-to shop since they opened. Great service there.

I love that place, pricey for private transfers but great selection of AR parts.

I can't speak to the cost of private transfers but they've been great in the customer service aspect. Always friendly and helpful without any pressure or attitude. You're right about the AR parts selection. Comes in very handy if you lose a small spring or detent pin.:D

If you're in Tigard, don't forget Oregon Rifleworks. That has been my go-to shop since they opened. Great service there.

Funny, or not. Back after Wifey had won that NWFA lower in the raffle we had been driving through Tigard, for some reason. I saw the big front of Oregon Rifle Works from 99 and got ourselves down there.. We were the only customers and there were three of them behind the counter. They said hello but pretty much just left us to look at stuff in the counter with out paying us much mind after that. I had no idea what triggers to look at, or BCGs. We ended up making the purchases of everything needed for her AR build from PSA ans Primary arms. With a lot of input from the group here of course!;)

I love that place, pricey for private transfers but great selection of AR parts.
If you want AR parts, go to sporting systems in Vancouver. They put everyone to shame (and I have been to some of the nicest shops in the US).

They probally have the best AR parts selection I have ever seen.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top