JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Closed Sunday and Monday, should be open today:
1586204094871.png

They are horrible. I gave up trying to go in there and buy a gun. I try to support local business but not once but twice I walked in, was never greeted and never helped. Both times only 2 or 3 customers were there. I knew exactly what I wanted, all someone had to do was take my money. Always you should greet the customer and let them know you'll be helped when someone is available or something. The first time I left, went to Cabelas and bought the gun. Second time I left and drove out to Rich's and bought a gun.

EXACTLY the same experience I had. Rich (he was there greeting everyone who came in) earned by business that day and I continue to be a repeat customer.

There is zero excuse for not responding to the guy. Gunbroker Sales= Already paid and should be a priority over any future sales. I have bought a few guns from them in the past but honestly, there are better dealers around. If they received the MO on the 25th, its already been 10 days. Anyone else here would be pissed since a USPO is essentially cash and the seller is non responsive.

I would report them to gunbroker, they take this kind of stuff pretty serious.

Maybe someone from the site who is close would be willing to walk in and let them know this dude needs to be responded to.

I went to Milwaukee store yesterday. Sign on front door says "closed except for online orders due to stay at home order." They chose to close while other gun stores like mine remain open. And there was no one there at 11am, lights off, could care less.

I heard today on the radio a ad saying there open with such and such ammo on sale.

As I said, I am not worried that they are about to abscond, but they have a sizable amount of my cash - have had it since 3/25 - and I have nothing. Thus far haven't even acknowledged the transaction. I expected that they were slammed and fully understand that, but how much time does it take to send an apologetic e-mail expressing business conditions and say there will be a delay?

From some of the responses on here, obviously they don't subscribe to the best business practices.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Report them to GB I bet they respond to them!

Good luck!!
Stacy

I drove by the store this afternoon at 1:50 and there was a large sign on the door that they were closed. I have olny been to the east store once or twice, and they were fine to deal with. Now the Tigard store is great. They are super nice and always great to work with. BY far my favorite place to gun shop in Portland. My understanding is they are separate entities.

Walk in, stand at the register. They'll notice you more easily.
They're probably just flooded with customers. If there is one place people know of, it's NW Armory.
I've had at least 3 people looking to buy their first gun suggest that this is their first choice of a shop.
Cut them some slack during the pandemic.

He's in NJ, airlines are shut down. As a business owner myself, to let the VM box fill up until you get the message that the box is full is a business leaving money on the table and building a bad rep -- not good for anyone.

I should say, I'm in WA and know nothing about this business -- that's just the impression I'm getting from the comments here.

He's in NJ, airlines are shut down. As a business owner myself, to let the VM box fill up until you get the message that the box is full is a business leaving money on the table and building a bad rep -- not good for anyone.

I should say, I'm in WA and know nothing about this business -- that's just the impression I'm getting from the comments here.
Under nornal circumstances, yes. These are not normal circumstances. I don't buy at NWA so I don't have a dog in the fight. Not saying I wouldn't if they had something I wanted. But like other gun shops, they had online sales before this all started and probably had the staff to handle it all. Now they have cut staffing like everybody else so how could anyone expect things to run as they should? If were to take a guess, I would say that there game plan wasn't to intentionally to create havoc. Do people hate them, yes. Do people love them, yes. Could they be handling things better for the guy in NJ, who knows? During these troubled times I would say the onus is not only on the LGS, but also on someone who buys online and out of state during a crisis and expects things to go splendidly.

Under nornal circumstances, yes. These are not normal circumstances. I don't buy at NWA so I don't have a dog in the fight. Not saying I wouldn't if they had something I wanted. But like other gun shops, they had online sales before this all started and probably had the staff to handle it all. Now they have cut staffing like everybody else so how could anyone expect things to run as they should? If were to take a guess, I would say that there game plan wasn't to intentionally to create havoc. Do people hate them, yes. Do people love them, yes. Could they be handling things better for the guy in NJ, who knows? During these troubled times I would say the onus is not only on the LGS, but also on someone who buys online and out of state during a crisis and expects things to go splendidly.

All my staff is at home. My voicemailbox is empty as of 5:00 pm today.

EDIT: no, I don't have the call volume a gun store gets, but returning calls is a key business function, even if that means I have to do it myself.

Last Edited:
All my staff is at home. My voicemailbox is empty as of 5:00 pm today.

EDIT: no, I don't have the call volume a gun store gets, but returning calls is a key business function, even if that means I have to do it myself.
I also own a small business, 13 employees. We have our own challenges to work with in this current environment. Not every business is the same. Not making excuses for anybody either. Perhaps we shouldn't rush to judment until somebody from NWA can chime in here with first hand knowledge of their own situation. Lord knows this thread has plenty of opinions, which the maximum effective range of are zero meters when it comes to facts.

I've only dealt with their Tigard store(customer since "The Gun Broker" days), but they've been 100% punctual people. On top of State "Stay Home" order, there are lot of employees taking furlough for whatever reasons in Oregon, including their health, or their family members. I'm making excuses for them, but add to that the increased volume I'm reading about in this thread, maybe they are overwhelmed way beyond capacity.

Of course, having said that, I think the OP's requests are perfectly reasonable. In his shoes, I'd be frustrated, too. I hope NW Armory gets a handle on the situation soon.

I didn't realize OP was in NJ, totally went over my head. I have had good and bad experiences at NWA. Last time I went in my item was set aside by one clerk and I was told the cashier would ring me up once finished processing another customer's BGC. Three customer's BGC's later I finally spoke up and she was clueless. I suppose there was a break in communication.
I understand how things can get missed during a busy day, but it's pretty normal for customers to be overlooked and neglected.
I once even had a guy throw out a sales tag on an item and increase the price by about $150... that is not normal.
I only shop sales there now, and do enjoy the shop. I only wish their customer service was better.

If I was in OP's shoes, I would be furious!
Best of luck!

I went to Milwaukee store yesterday. Sign on front door says "closed except for online orders due to stay at home order." They chose to close while other gun stores like mine remain open. And there was no one there at 11am, lights off, could care less.
Exactly, they chose to make themselves non-essential, not a good look imho.

I can tell you my posts were not during all this. Mine were at least 6 months ago. Other one about a year.
I'm sure there are a lot that can be said about any retail establishment but my point was that @Pizza Bob is clear on the other side of the country and is waiting for a free gun, he joined NW firearms just to complain about one gun store and nothing else.

Calm down Bob, I know your board just like the rest of the non essental people that need to stay home but... calm down Bob!

I chatted with an employee on furlough. They are temporarly doing online sales with appointments and closed Sunday and Monday with limited staff to keep people safe. Being essential and figuring out how to work safe isn't always an easy task to work through. Just about every business that is essential is completely upside down everywhere I have been and put orders in with. Things that used to come in a day or two are taking weeks at times. Costco on my side of the river regularly has a line well into the parking lot just to get in. Although I feel your pain and the lack of coms sucks, I would not hit the panic button yet.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top