JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just ranting... at what point did baseball style caps become skin tight skull caps? When I was a kid, baseball hats were slightly roomy and were comfortable. There was usually enough room at the top to provide a slight air gap so that if the sun was beating down the heat wouldn't transfer to your scalp so quickly. My old Army BDU caps were the same way, they fit sensibly and were practical for work and patrol. Now all I see are ball caps that fit so tightly that they might as well be tattooed on your head. Then the duckbill visors on them are so long that you can't use a drinking fountain without it coming off. Geeze, doesn't anybody make a normal ball cap type hat anymore that doesn't cut the circulation off to your scalp? Unfortunately, only the older farts from my generation probably kind of get what I'm talking about.

Obligatory sentence enhancers:
You call that suped up?
Dang it, now get off my Bubble Gum lawn too! Lol.
Just saying!
you know they come in different sizes right?

I'm kinda bummed about the fabric dye quality today, as I wore a sox cap for a full year from Paris to Vietnam, and outside everyday.

The quality of the dye of the few recent hats I've bought doesn't seem what it used to be.

2 sun faded in less than a couple months, and I even treat them with a UV/waterproof, as I allways have.

On the left, 3 months old (can't tell as well from the picture, but the blue is crappily fading). On the right retired, over 10 years old and has been around the world, but the blue is still perfect:

I'm thinking now to go with a plain navy blue synthetic with a Velcro spot on the front....so I can go grey man pretty quick...

-just checked real quick online & looks like I can get Red Sox Velcro backed logos reasonably easily as well...hmm...

Geeze, doesn't anybody make a normal ball cap type hat anymore that doesn't cut the circulation off to your scalp? Unfortunately, only the older farts from my generation probably kind of get what I'm talking about.

I have a couple hats you can have that seem to match what you want. Although you will be advertising for a company.

Plenty of good ball caps around - but you gotta hunt for them. I absolutely hate the big poofy ones though, and flat bills make you look like a feminine hygiene product container. Same with white ball caps, in general. White, flat billed ball caps are a great indicator, again in general, that there is absolutely nothing the wearer has to say that I need to hear, and is typically going to be a jackass. I think they give out poofy, white, flat billed ball caps when you graduate from the D-Bag Training Academy as a badge of D-bagdom.

Here's some random google image search results to prove the point:

crooked_hat_douchebag.jpg

exces-db.jpg

tim_tizzy.jpg

7_262015_gop-2016-trump-border-5-48201.jpg

jesseJames_021909_00151.jpg

justin-bieber-miami-heat.jpg

Friends don't let friends wear flat billed, or white hats. Unless they're all D-bags :D

The older style you are talking about are now called 'trucker hats'. I like them cause I have a rather large cranium and the 'one size fits all' don't look good on me.
So now it's flat caps/news boy caps cause they are over sized and fit my noggen.
Over here I can wear my cowboy hats and folks do look at you like you've got 2 heads.

Plenty of good ball caps around - but you gotta hunt for them. I absolutely hate the big poofy ones though, and flat bills make you look like a feminine hygiene product container. Same with white ball caps, in general. White, flat billed ball caps are a great indicator, again in general, that there is absolutely nothing the wearer has to say that I need to hear, and is typically going to be a jackass. I think they give out poofy, white, flat billed ball caps when you graduate from the D-Bag Training Academy as a badge of D-bagdom.

Here's some random google image search results to prove the point:

View attachment 318558

View attachment 318559

View attachment 318560

View attachment 318561

View attachment 318562

View attachment 318563

Friends don't let friends wear flat billed, or white hats. Unless they're all D-bags :D

I'd rather have the choice to wear one of those white "trump" hats all day long, even if it makes look like a D - bag...

Rather than what Hillary wants me to wear:

2C73CB0A-687B-443F-BF3E-86BD57BBEDAD_zpsv5wqs1hr.jpg

Rarely wear a hat, but when I do it's a beat-up baseball cap to keep the rain out of my eyes when working outside. As a result, the hat backwards thing has always puzzled me.

too stupid to use hat.jpg

I never cared for ball caps. I just went to a surplus store and bought a Marine "cover". Works a lot better as far as I'm concerned. I was a Marine so I don't feel like I'm faking it. :)

And the guys that wear their hats with the bill off to the side or backwards. Seriously? Looks as ridiculous as a grown man with his pants hanging down.:rolleyes:

My grandparents use to wear their hats sideways. The first time I saw this is when we went fishing at Detroit Reservoir. The angle at which they wore them depended on where the sun was in the sky.

Ray

My grandparents use to wear their hats sideways. The first time I saw this is when we went fishing at Detroit Reservoir. The angle at which they wore them depended on where the sun was in the sky.

Ray
This famous fella coulda learned from them..

th?&id=OIP.M59ca3de87eed1b49d50f2e1fbffa407aH1&w=227&h=299&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0.jpg

Seems he was a trucker and drove south in the morning and north in the evening.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top