JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Reject commercial reloads, mics head stamp. This stuff has various defects, too much or too little powder, bullet or primer issues. Great to tear down and reload. What would you pay per 1000?
223/556 .9mm .40 .45
C360_2014-10-22-14-01-25-012.jpg

Ill take it off your hands if you just want to get rid of it.. :) but seriously.. its worth what someone wants to pay to get unknown components of unknown quality.. Like steve said, you may be able to get brass price out of them.. a few cent's per round, maybe 5c per?

I'll let you know in a couple months when I get home. The 9mm was 6 cents and 223 was 9.5 cents got 250 10mm for 16 cents and they are mostly hollow points. Found it here in Phoenix from a guy that resells brass. He won't ship the stuff. I think a lot of these cartridges will only need sizing and a correct powder charge.

I'll let you know in a couple months when I get home. The 9mm was 6 cents and 223 was 9.5 cents got 250 10mm for 16 cents and they are mostly hollow points. Found it here in Phoenix from a guy that resells brass. He won't ship the stuff. I think a lot of these cartridges will only need sizing and a correct powder charge.

Probably so.. But you still have to pull the bullets and possibly de-prime live primers as I see at least one in the picture that isnt seated fully..

@Dyjital might be interested also :)

Probably so.. But you still have to pull the bullets and possibly de-prime live primers as I see at least one in the picture that isnt seated fully..

@Dyjital might be interested also :)

Yeah Joken, looks like you could make a few cents per bullet on most of it. Just not sure if it's worth it beyond original buyer with time spent.

9mm at $.06 is good if you have to prime and charge. Mine run $.11 ready to rock without the extra work. Sure would give somebody something to do though.

Having traded a guy for some reloads and them being mostly crap, I wouldn't bother with them.
Do you really want to pull all those bullets? Decap all the ones that actually have a primer? Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.
The price of 9mm isn't high enough to reload for some folks,let alone mess with that mess.

Having traded a guy for some reloads and them being mostly crap, I wouldn't bother with them.
Do you really want to pull all those bullets? Decap all the ones that actually have a primer? Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.
The price of 9mm isn't high enough to reload for some folks,let alone mess with that mess.
Yep, I'd walk away on that one.

I'm retired and it's good entertainment on nasty winter days
Perfect reason. Entertainment factor.

Seems that you had lots of other projects last summer and fall to keep you busy, winter needs one!

I'm retired and it's good entertainment on nasty winter days
I'm retired too and that doesn't sound like entertainment to me.
Pulling bullets sucks azzz
Entertainment would be dumping empty shells in the case feed,dumping powder in the silo and pulling a handle
No not a tap handle:confused:
Maybe throw some primers in there some place?:eek:
Well if you got them for free maybe worth some time but I think I would give them to some reloading noob:D

Last Edited:
Depends on how you value your time and how much you like to tinker. I've fiddled with a lot of that kind of thing over the years and salvaged lot of old ammo.

To me it's worth very little because I don't have a lot of spare time now, but if you have the time and enjoy that kind of a project it's a good deal!

A friend found a "good deal" on .223 ammo at a gun show a couple years ago. He paid more than you can get new ammo for now, but it was the height of the shortage. He couldn't figure out why it was tight and jamming up in the chamber. I took a look and quickly realized that it was someone's junky old reloads, really bad ones at that. Some of the brass wasn't trimmed and most wasn't sized right. I helped him pull it all apart and salvage it. We resized the brass (without decapping), trimmed the ones that were overly long, and loaded it back up into decent plinking ammo. Worth the time? Probably not, but we did it anyhow. I hate throwing anything away.

Copper , zinc and lead = Brass Anything else?

What in the wild, wild west....um, yeah there is something else..... your quasi chemical equation does not balance.

Brass is an alloy of copper, zinc, and sometimes tin.... the only lead is under the copper plating of the bullet. Cartridge brass is usually about 30% zinc.... Unless a youngster is pulling bullets with their teeth, (and I am NOT recommending that) I don't see much of a chance of lead poisoning... based on recent events I would be more concerned about ingesting lead from the water at school :confused:

What in the wild, wild west....um, yeah there is something else..... your quasi chemical equation does not balance.

Brass is an alloy of copper, zinc, and sometimes tin.... the only lead is under the copper plating of the bullet. Cartridge brass is usually about 30% zinc.... Unless a youngster is pulling bullets with their teeth, (and I am NOT recommending that) I don't see much of a chance of lead poisoning... based on recent events I would be more concerned about ingesting lead from the water at school :confused:

Soft brass can contain as much as 8% lead, children are at risk! Residue from handling lead based products Like reloaded ammunition harms a child's brain permanently.
Silver Hand

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads