JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was aware of the lineage gentlemen, but the HK is arguably the more well known of the family. Therefore, calling it a Spanish version of the HK isn't that far off. Pretty sure it was a German who designed it and the Spanish who adopted it. When FN chose not allow the Germans to build the FAL on license, they turned to the Cetme style.

I like my Century G3, I've had mine for over 10 years and had no issues. The rifle on the bottom is a C93, since this photo was taken I've replaced the plastic trigger housing to a metal one. As far as 308 semi auto rifles go, you would have to look hard to find a better bang for your buck. It's reasonably accurate, it has it's quirks, it's loud....

DSC_1720_zpsedpseoeh.jpg

Last Edited:
Not sure why you are asking if you are not wanting to get into .308 . Although its pretty much been answered but here in a nut shell the new cetmes from century are suppose to be pretty good and for the cost of an ar15 a good value . the old ones century cut some corners and put out some junk.

The cetme rifle was the predicessor to HK91/G3 rifle but when they moved to Germany the made some minor improvements heavier bolt carrier, handgaurd hanger, and different trigger group, none of them really functional improvements cause if you get a good working Cetme they are incredibly reliable and fun to shoot rifles. They are hard on brass unless you have a port buffer. They would make a great hunting rifle but are a couple pounds heavier than a standard hunting rifle. due to the heavy carrier and large sheet metal receiver.

changing out stock and hand gaurds is a breeze if you want to go from natural wood to tacticool plastic. They are about as easy if not easier to break down and clean as an ar15. Its funny someone posted an You tube video calling it a G3 clone when in all actuality the G3 is a clone of it.

They are fun to shoot. And you can pretty them up really nice by oil rubbing the wood stock and hand guard.

Last Edited:
I cut off my welded on break and replaced it with a new flash hider like the FAL, but welded it on! Takes much of the noise away, and gives it a proper flash suppressor while still being "Legal"

Not sure why you are asking if you are not wanting to get into .308 . Although its pretty much been answered but here in a nut shell the new cetmes from century are suppose to be pretty good and for the cost of an ar15 a good value . the old ones century cut some corners and put out some junk.

The cetme rifle was the predicessor to HK91/G3 rifle but when they moved to Germany the made some minor improvements heavier bolt carrier, handgaurd hanger, and different trigger group, none of them really functional improvements cause if you get a good working Cetme they are incredibly reliable and fun to shoot rifles. They are hard on brass unless you have a port buffer. They would make a great hunting rifle but are a couple pounds heavier than a standard hunting rifle. due to the heavy carrier and large sheet metal receiver.

changing out stock and hand gaurds is a breeze if you want to go from natural wood to tacticool plastic. They are about as easy if not easier to break down and clean as an ar15. Its funny someone posted an You tube video calling it a G3 clone when in all actuality the G3 is a clone of it.

They are fun to shoot. And you can pretty them up really nice by oil rubbing the wood stock and hand guard.

I'm not a long time firearm enthusiast. I just started six years ago at 55yo, so my reasons and thoughts on firearms are much different than you long timers! I thought the gun looked cool, that's it! My mental lever regarding firearms is more like a kid of 20 who got his first .22 at 7 and shot his first deer with dad at his side at 13. It's been a good while since I saw a gun that turned my head. Last time was the .30 Carbine 10 months ago.

I've enjoyed the reading. I love tapping the vast knowledge of the members here. I'm always learning.

Mike, if you like the look of that Cetme and you're feeling lucky, then buy a couple of $5.00 raffle tickets for this rifle.
All proceeds go to a charity and JSE Surplus pays for the shipping to your FFL.
There's three other AR-15 style rifles available in the PTR-91 doesn't appeal to you.
Tax deductible too.

PTR-91 308 KFM4R Rifle Fund Raiser Raffle
Our Price: $5.00
We currently have 216 available.
Item Number: RAFFLER
Manufacturer: JSE Surplus
Manufacturer Part No: RAFFLER
Email Notification of ticket.

RPTR91KFM4R.png

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR