JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Huh, learn something new every day. I thought it was a new codeword my decoder couldn't cipher on this here new site.. hence this search/finding/response. carry on

Use to be, if you quoted the text in the editor, you would see the real word.

Personally I see no use for such words, especially now that we have a whole list of words DHS filters for.

So in that light (children, please avert your eyes), I would like to add Hail! Warning! Relief! and my favorite Social Media!

I like real words and if someone breaks the rules, they can then be held accountable, of course.
I'd think if the codeword were changed to "dagblamed" or somesuch, there'd be less confusion. anyway

I've only had one word "bubblegummed" while making a post. It IS one that can be heard on TV. In fact, someone had the same thing happen for the same word a couple posts deeper into the thread and mentioned it. Was his first too. I guess that's just the tax paid to be a family-friendly forum. Ironically, if you're a poor speller these filthy words can slip through. Much like our elected officials, the sloppier you are -- the more you can get away with.

I like the "bubblegum" replacement word. We don't want to end up like iFish and their self-righteousness, I'll tell ya that! I like being able to speak like an adult and not be made to censor myself to the level appropriate for an Elementary School student!

I found the meaning of the bubblegum term on Wikipedia.. It should answer your question:
Bubblegum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 1928, Walter E. Diemer, an accountant for the Fleer Chewing Gum Company in Philadelphia was experimenting with new gum recipes. One recipe was found to be less sticky than regular chewing gum, and stretched more easily. This gum became highly successful and was eventually named by the president of Fleer as Dubble Bubble. The original bubble gum was pink because that was the only dye Diemer had on hand at the time.
To test his recipe, Diemer took samples of the new gum to a local store where it sold out in a single day. To help sell the new Dubble Bubble gum, Diemer taught salespeople how to blow bubbles so that they could teach potential customers. Dubble Bubble remained the only bubble gum on the market until Bazooka entered after World War II.[citation needed]
In modern chewing gum, if natural rubber such as chicle is used, it must pass several purity and cleanliness tests. However, most modern types of chewing gum use synthetic gum based materials. These materials allow for longer-lasting flavour, a better texture, and a reduction in tackiness.[1]

I'll have a speedball every now and again.. that's where you basically put a wad of chew into a wad of Big League Chew bubblegum and put that thing in your gob.

I think early users of the site started using bubblegum as a substitute for blue language so the owner decided to use that as an auto substitute. I always thought it was humerous.
I'm fine with what the owner decides to do with his forum.
It's a growing and vibrant community so he must be doing something right.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top