Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Whats this Bubblegum Term?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cbzdel, Feb 11, 2010.

1. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

I keep seeing people calling people "bubblegum" in certain topics.

What does this term mean?

2. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

All the words that tv beep out

3. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Yup. It is the word filter kicking in. (Trying to get around the word filter by adding #$%*& is an infraction.)

4. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Huh, learn something new every day. I thought it was a new codeword my decoder couldn't cipher on this here new site.. hence this search/finding/response. carry on

5. moose

moose northwet coast Well-Known Member

Use to be, if you quoted the text in the editor, you would see the real word.

Personally I see no use for such words, especially now that we have a whole list of words DHS filters for.

So in that light (children, please avert your eyes), I would like to add Hail! Warning! Relief! and my favorite Social Media!

6. Certaindeaf

I like real words and if someone breaks the rules, they can then be held accountable, of course.
    I'd think if the codeword were changed to "dagblamed" or somesuch, there'd be less confusion. anyway

7. notazombie

notazombie Hillsboro Well-Known Member

I've only had one word "bubblegummed" while making a post. It IS one that can be heard on TV. In fact, someone had the same thing happen for the same word a couple posts deeper into the thread and mentioned it. Was his first too. I guess that's just the tax paid to be a family-friendly forum. Ironically, if you're a poor speller these filthy words can slip through. Much like our elected officials, the sloppier you are -- the more you can get away with.

8. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Durn tootin' you consarn, ragginsaggin, rattsa-frattzn', sassafrassin', booty-tootin' snabble-flatzer!

9. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

I like the "bubblegum" replacement word. We don't want to end up like iFish and their self-righteousness, I'll tell ya that! I like being able to speak like an adult and not be made to censor myself to the level appropriate for an Elementary School student!

10. soulrider

soulrider Aloha/Beaverton Member

modeler614, I agree... on there you have to be super perfect. I like the forum dont get me wrong but jeez, come on.

11. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

You will be surprised at the silly words that get censored like **** but prick is ok. **** is the biological term for your what you poop out of ...

12. 4Freedom

4Freedom Boise, Idaho Well-Known Member

I found the meaning of the bubblegum term on Wikipedia.. It should answer your question:
    Bubblegum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

13. Certaindeaf

I'll have a speedball every now and again.. that's where you basically put a wad of chew into a wad of Big League Chew bubblegum and put that thing in your gob.

14. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

I think early users of the site started using bubblegum as a substitute for blue language so the owner decided to use that as an auto substitute. I always thought it was humerous.
    I'm fine with what the owner decides to do with his forum.
    It's a growing and vibrant community so he must be doing something right.

15. Chalupacabra

Chalupacabra Portland Active Member

I watched an edited version of 'Platoon' on cable once.
    They kept calling each other "Maggot farmers"