JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My buddy (competent, safe owner/shooter) found this pistol to possibly acquire. He asked me what I think.

I'm not familiar with the Super Blackhawk beyond its rep as a sturdy single-action revolver (I'd probably prefer the Super Redhawk myself).
I'm interested in those vertical lines on the cylinder. Wear and tear?
I'm also not finding anything online about those wood grips. A Ruger upgraded model, or maybe aftermarket?

Seller has not named a price. What do you guys and gals think would be fair for him to offer? Thanks in advance for looking.

IMG_7325.JPG IMG_7327.JPG
IMG_7324.JPG

Well, to kick this party off before others far better-versed than I bestow their knowledge, I'd guess the grips are aftermarket from Altamonte. The line on the cylinder is the drag line from the bolt stop and is a sign it's been used, as we already know. I don't have the skill to interpret how much it's been used, but my first stop would be a competent gunsmith to check timing, endshake, etc. These in my brief experience are superlative revolvers and a great addition to any collection, but caveat emptor as usual.

New Model Super Blackhawk.
The Drag line is nothing to be concerned about. That's how thee guns are. The timing is rarely out of spec, but is easy to check. Pull hammer back very slowly and see if the "click" that holds the hammer back happens before the cylinder is rotated into it's stop. (do you need to keep pulling the hammer back after the "click" so the cylinder will lock into place?)

$400-ish is very fair.

All things being equal- start at $400 and see which way the frog jumps... if it is in top shape go $500, or more considering what used .44 Rugers go for, seems like as much as $600..... The seller not naming a price is difficult, means he isnt very interested in selling.. check the gun sale sites on line and see what other people are asking.. (not necessarily what they GET, however)... these are solid guns and have proven to be very reliable since the day they came out.. For myself, I'd have one except I picked up a .44 Redhawk stainless DA at a price I couldnt refuse!... Buying a Ruger revolver is buying for a life-time, they are that good.:)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads