JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was at fishermans marine in OC a couple weeks ago and bought a new springfield loaded after nw armory insulted me by asking for my odl# to buy ammo which i thought was low since i know this is to give to DHS to let them know who is buying ammo or paying cash(kinda communist if you ask me)

but when i was doing my background check an old f@rt walks up to the counter and grabs my finger prints off the counter,I didnt know what he did till later into my paperwork the salesman couldnt find my finger prints that were there before and i rememberd seeing this guy grab something off the counter and put it in his pocket like he wanted them for something.
Do you think this could have repercussions on me in anyway if he used my finger prints for something?
And why would someone do that? it's just been bothering me since then.
This old guy was asking about picking up his s&w 500 at the counter so i have something to help find him if i need to but what say you about this coming back on me in anyway?

thanks guys.i called the clackamas county sheriffs office and made a report about it.
they were going to make it a theft report but this old boy was pretty harmless looking and i dont really think he was savy with hi tech
stuff by the look of him.never know though,it's just weird that someone would want that info?
I feel better knowing that i have made a report about it now atleast so if the police come knocking on my door someday i have something to work with.
identity thieves are my biggist worry in this case,i dont know if there is some kind of software that can scan fingerprints for getting my personal info.
the old boy seemed like he knew what he was grabbing but maybe it was just a strange impulse on his part to grab such a thing.

another thought, when cashing checks now they want a thumb print (could be made into rubber stamp) as well as id. I show my odl and chl as picture id.
not trying to freak you out, but as a victim of id theft, I wouldnt want anyone else to go thru it, and want these thievs caught and punished

Maybe so - for some - But I have not had a bad gun in any of my 10+ FTF purchases (or trades) in my life. I believe those who do get the bad guns (or don't save much) are either too eager to buy, do not know what to look for or knew they took a chance because of the lower than average price and condition for the gun. I have passed on many due to that.

At least it is now on record that your prints were stolen on such and such a date. I cant imagine what he would want with them, unless its some stupid Hollywood thing like "Imma gonna put this idjits prints all over my guns so's I get away with it!"

The only thing to do is acid burn your finger prints off and have reconstructive surgery.

after nw armory insulted me by asking for my odl# to buy ammo which i thought was low since i know this is to give to DHS to let them know who is buying ammo or paying cash(kinda communist if you ask me)

More tinfoil

I was at fishermans marine in OC a couple weeks ago and bought a new springfield loaded after nw armory insulted me by asking for my odl# to buy ammo which i thought was low since i know this is to give to DHS to let them know who is buying ammo or paying cash(kinda communist if you ask me)

NW Armory tried that on me too. Just politely tell them no.

In the past I've given out false information, asked for a discount in exchange, asked them for their information. Waste of time, just say no and move on.

It only takes one bad buy to ruin all the savings you might have accumulated.
That is true for anything - be it guns, antiques, jewelry, quilts, cars whatever you are buying and selling if it is other than new. One can only hold himself/herself accountable for the 'one bad buy' and if savings accumulated is the only goal for buying anything used then one should stick to buying nothing but new items. Personally I am a 'Horsetrader' and buy, sell and trade stuff all the time. Sometimes I win, lose or come out even. A weak deal one day becomes a win on another - consider the $75 - 100 dollar value banjo I recently traded for an almost new SS Taurus 605. I once traded an old 10-22 for a Bersa 96 and sold it later for $300. I also traded a nice Series 80 LW Commander to a forum member for a Commemorative Winchester I really wanted. It was a fair deal but in reality I probably came out a couple of bucks behind but we were both happy. Like I have said many times when buying used know what you are looking at, know the true market value and above all know your cap on what you will pay and be prepared to walk if it does not meet those conditions.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top