Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What's the Story on cfputah.com?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Hamilton Felix, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Hamilton Felix

Hamilton Felix Marblemount, Washington Active Member

I've been reading their ads in Gun News.

I took a look at their website.

I decided that both my wife and I could use some out of state permits before a road trip we're planning late in 2012.

I e-mailed the folks at cfputah.com on Feb. 3rd, asking a few simple questions. The e-mail made it clear that I was talking about two students and possibly four permits each, so money would definitely be spent. Even though the class in Lacey, WA is 130 miles away, I made it clear we were willing to attend.

They have not seen fit to reply to me. Are they too busy to care about two more students? Are they fly-by-night? Did I just fall through the cracks?

Has anyone here had experience with this outfit, good, bad or other?

Thanks.

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I took a Utah class from them a couple years ago. It was alright. They tried to keep it entertaining and engaging. They had some video examples and gave a copy of the laws on cd.

3. Hamilton Felix

Well, that's encouraging. I just wondered why they gave an e-mail but didn't reply to a potential customer. Maybe I'll try again. Blame it on the Internet.

4. grouser

grouser Washington New Member

They're legit. I took their course in Vancouver and got my OR permit a couple of days ago. Utah has charged my credit card, so I assume that one in working its way through the system.

5. Hamilton Felix

I'll try again to contact them. One of the questions I asked was about non-resident renewals. Here at home in Washington, I renew in person at the Sheriff's Office. I'd hate to get non-resident licenses then find I had to be there to renew.

6. Hamilton Felix

I e-mailed again, and this time got a reply. We e-mailed back and forth, then I called. "Kevin" is in Oregon right now, talked as long as I wanted, answered my questions. Sounds pretty legit, and he's not BSing about the hoops you have to jump through to get the various non-resident permits. Pretty helpful guy.