JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, a question arose from the comparison chart at my house this morning...

I currently carry a Ruger LCP as a BUG and "Sunday Gun." My wife wants my LCP, and has offered me any gun I choose to replace it. Here are my criteria:

- Must be chambered in 9mm
- Must NOT be as spendy as the Rohrbaugh
- Must not be a Kel-Tec
- Must be as similar as possible in size to the LCP

Based on those criteria, what would you buy?

-Case

Given those limited options.. I'd buy the Taurus 709 Slim, checked one out recently seems pretty nice for a small gun, and has relatively good reliability reviews so far. Although very slightly bigger than some of the others mentioned it actually fits in my hand and I would probably be a little more accurate with it consequently. With a price around $350 I might just buy one to see if I like it =)

I 2nd the 709. I had one that never had any failures in over 400 rounds. They are also very slim and easy to conceal. I never tried pocket carry, but it was great IWB.

I had one of these and it was awesome. I wish I had never gotten rid of it. I bought a Sig P238 which replaced it for my summer carry. It is bigger than the LCP but you can still pocket carry as long as you arent wearing nut huggers. CanCan shoot me an email if you want some comparison pictures, I have a bunch of it side by side with my P238 and along side my PX4 subcompact and full size. For the price they cant be beat. The recoil is a little more as they arent very heavy but they are very concealable.

taurus, yuck. Sure they have gotten better (took long enough) but they still have their infamous reputation with me. rather build a zip gun.

The urge to go smaller is, well, hard for me to understand. Sure if you want to carry concealed at the beach in your speedos and a fishnet wife beater shirt. Get something small, because the only place you can hide it is somewhat uncomfortable:D. I like having a little size and weight, keeps me aware.

Don't like the feeling you suddenly get,"Oh heck, where's my gun? Oh, there it is."

Don't like the recoil and accuracy of the small lightweight guns either.

If I had to choose anything it would be a J frame S&W, or preferably a K frame model 10 round butt 2" barrel.

alot to be said for the reliability and accuracy of both:s0155:

Grendel-P12+pistol-380+acp.jpg it seem back in the 80s i ran across a small od green 9 made by grendel.anyone heard of it?wish i still had it.if this pic works it was very simular

the pic posted is a 380.i couldnt find the od green 9mm online yet in my quick search.they look a lot alike,i must have went thru 50 or more 380s and 9s back then,the grendel was the first polymer pistol id ever came across

the pic posted is a 380.i couldnt find the od green 9mm online yet in my quick search.they look a lot alike,i must have went thru 50 or more 380s and 9s back then,the grendel was the first polymer pistol id ever came across

pretty sure Grendel went belly up before they had a 9, the 380 was their big deal. It was a hit for a while because it was cheap.

I think it was the late 80's early 90's
my search only pulls up the p12 and p30 (22Mag)

seems like I was wrong about the mag, the ones I saw online have removable mags

AHA, the p10 had fixed mag, good to know I'm not losing my mind

I currently carry a Ruger LCP as a BUG and "Sunday Gun." My wife wants my LCP, and has offered me any gun I choose to replace it. Here are my criteria:

- Must not be a Kel-Tec

-Case

Kahr PM9! Absolutely no doubt in my mind.

I have owned my Kel-Tek PF-9 for two yrs. I have put more than 1000 rounds thru it and it has never had a problem or issue with feeding or misfires. I carry it ever day and wont leave home without it. It' light and not bulky. The thing that counts the most, IT'S RELIABLE! I have trided many others and none can stand up to the PF-9. As a retired Tx officer, ill take reliable over fancy and flashy. Can't beat it for conceled carry. Plus you can't beat the price. I just judge a gun by reliablity and everything else is just gravy on top. Add a Crimson Trace 435 laser site and you have a perfect handgun to carry.

- Must not be a Kel-Tec

-Case

Kahr PM9 or for less $$$, CW9, if you are alright with supporting the Moonies.:s0114:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top