JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I did go to their website to read the manual before responding. So they don't offer one. What I would do (And this aligns with Armalite rifle break in recommendations) get a Bronze wire brush and some Hoppes #9 solvent and spme patches (One of the most common). At the range load one round in the pistol and fire it, then use a liberal amount of solvent and swab the barrel several times. you are supposed to then load another round and fire again repeat the process for nine time total then fire at will.

Ya, I read the manual and it didn't say... I try to read a lot and then did some research but didn't come up with a clear answer, so here I am...

I would (and have done so on all the pistols I have owned)... spend a day shooting it, then clean it when you get home.. put it in your safe until the next time you shoot it.. repeat as ammo allows. After about 2000 rounds decide if you like the trigger or want to improve it.

So I have a new Springfield XD 9mm Service model. As a new shooter, I want to treat my weapon with respect and take good care of it. What is the best way to break it in?

Safety first. ;)

most modern semi automatic firearms don't need break in. Just clean it off factory thick grease/lube and lube lightly where it needs.

shoot it and clean it. Enjoy :s0155:

Took my first pistol out of the box, shot about 800 rounds through it outside, then cleaned it. Never a hiccup.

Ok, I've treated my subsequent ones a little better than that, but the first one is still in excellent condition despite the somewhat harsh start to life.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus that ate your iPhone.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top