JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My neighbor shot a deer when I was hunting with him that was so old it hardly had any teeth left.
We were glassing a clear cut on Mt. Hood when it stood up less then 25 yards away from him and turned broadside to us.
His rack was a weather beaten grey and at first glance, my neighbor thought an old brush pile had started to move.
He shot him and when we got down to were he fell down, we both came to the same conclusion that the old guy didn't want to go through another cold winter and just stood up to get it over with as quick as possible, since he was perfectly camouflage with the dead fall he was lying in.
You could wear out your molars trying to chew that old buzzard. I think he had the last laugh though.

Last Edited:
Yesterday I opened an 18-year old can of Van Camps Baked Beans for lunch. Taste and texture were fine.

Rotation of your stocks is a good idea of course, but as long as the can is intact and not swollen, properly canned food should be OK long past the use-by date on the can. Food doesn't expire. The problems I have had with long term storage have most frequently occurred with canned fruit (swollen or leaky cans) and occasionally, but not often, canned meat (swollen cans). And for sure cans that begin to rust should be used ASAP.

I should have chosen a better title for this thread. Something like, "What's the oldest food item you have ever consumed."

anyone who has had a large sturgeon, those buggers can get a hundred or more.. prob not many left though.

1200 lbs. Can you imagine the toxins? This was a 1,000 lber
http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vancouversun.com%2Fnews%2F7297291.jpg

Mountain House foil packs have a shelf life of 7 years and after about double that and a bit, the flavor of the bacon and eggs about as off as the overall brown color.

No longer. Mountain House updated their foil pack procedures and now claim a 30 year life for both foil packs and 10 ounce tins. Having eaten 14 year old 7 year old rated foil packs and gagged at the bubblegum, I'm as pleased as anyone. :)

https://mountainhouse.com/pages/our-shelf-life-guarantee

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top