JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Years ago I was considering hunting Nutria from my kayak. A tough airgun should do the trick
I think on "the high road" (shudder) a guy did just that (coulda been a .22lr though) and posted up a nice thread with pictures an everthang!.. I think he was from around here too.
sounds like fun
Oh, my vote would be mountain lions and coyotes.. bonus points if they're wearing plaid shirts.

Oh and edit, I'd not hesitate to brain them big rats with my RWS Diana P5 magnum .177 springer pistol. I've killed at least 1000 tree rats with that thing. body, neck or head. The dang thing hits about like a rifle.. and is extremely accurate.
Maybe consider a bottle-fed pistol.. as they can (I hear) hit really hard and aren't as hold sensitive as spring guns.
anyway

Last Edited:
Cougars ( the 4 legged kind, Sorry Stomper) wold be number 1 on my list! Here in Co it's prairie Dogs and sage rats, and any burrowing critters! My neighbor lost a bakers dozen cattle last year cause of these rodents!

One can't really hunt moles, though. All I seem to be able to do is count their new holes, covered by soft, fresh dirt.

I happen to love tree squirrels around my house. I see them as my living 3-day meat source when that day comes... I just better be first.

Crows are not freely huntable since the treaty with Mexico, a separate license validation being required in Oregon.

Crows, nuffun worse then getting woken up at O-Dark Thirty by a nasty Crow squawkin to his buddies!

Racist joke alert:

You should live in AZ, where they have Navaho and Apache!;)

I don't feed squirrels, but I love to see them flourish around our neighborhood, ready for the future...like an apocalypse trip to the grocery store.

I sure wish we had hog around here for quick bacon!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top