JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am guilty of buying many made in China products. I am going to make an extra effort to find products not made in China from here on out.

Finding firearm related products not made in China is easy. Finding electronics and many other products isn't as easy.

What's the latest non-firearm related new product you have found that wasn't made in China?

Feel free to share your tips or stories on avoiding purchases of new China made products. Buying used, renting, sharing, repairing, etc?

Edit: I am going to list sites below that have leads on not made in China products as I find them. If are aware of others especially for electronics please post them in the thread:

Last Edited:
Maybe not the latest...
But over Christmas break I treated myself to a Stormy Kromer Wool coat.
Well made and warm...as well as being made here in the USA.

Andy
I took a look at the tag on my Carhartt pull over sweatshirt and was relieved that it said Made in Mexico. It's not the US but better than China.

As for China's neighbor, I will happily buy products Made in Taiwan, until China takes it over.

Our DVD player took a dump this week. The deciding factor between the two replacements we were considering was that the one we chose was made in the Philippines, not China. $10 more, oh well.

Damn, just bought a few knives that until I looked assumed they were china. After seeing Longwalkhome saying his were not I looked at the boxes. Was shocked to see they were Taiwan. The way things are going not sure how much longer it will be before they are part of China but nice to know that for now I actually was able to buy something not made in china Screenshot 2022-03-04 082055.png :D

Damn, just bought a few knives that until I looked assumed they were china. After seeing Longwalkhome saying his were not I looked at the boxes. Was shocked to see they were Taiwan. The way things are going not sure how much longer it will be before they are part of China but nice to know that for now I actually was able to buy something not made in china View attachment 1145458:D
Blade HQ has most every make and model knife and if you look on the details it says where the knife is made.

My last Spyderco was made in Japan. I won't buy a CCP knife.

I am going to be in the market for a new budget (sub $100) smart phone this year, any suggestions on a cheap one not made in China? It needs to be tracfone compatible.

If anybody has a newer Samsung phone can you check and see where it was made. I found this info today and hope it's true. My Samsung phone is a few years old and was made in china.

"While Samsung used to manufacture phones in China, it terminated all manufacturing operations in China in mid-2019. So unless you purchase an old model, Samsung smartphones are not made in China."

Last Edited:
I am going to be in the market for a new budget (sub $100) smart phone this year, any suggestions on a cheap one not made in China? It needs to be tracfone compatible.

If anybody has a newer Samsung phone can you check and see where it was made. I found this info today and hope it's true. My Samsung phone is a few years old and was made in china.

"While Samsung used to manufacture phones in China, it terminated all manufacturing operations in China in mid-2019. So unless you purchase an old model, Samsung smartphones are not made in China."
Be interesting to find out. Tracfone just sent me a new A12 Samsung free since one of my phones from them was going to be phased out. Searching I could find no place willing to say where it was made. Finally was barely able to make out on the back of this phone saying it was made in Vietnam. They sent this to me free but it shows it would be $150 to buy it. Do you already have one of their phones? If so they may be willing to send you one of these free too if yours is going to be phased out.

Be interesting to find out. Tracfone just sent me a new A12 Samsung free since one of my phones from them was going to be phased out. Searching I could find no place willing to say where it was made. Finally was barely able to make out on the back of this phone saying it was made in Vietnam. They sent this to me free but it shows it would be $150 to buy it. Do you already have one of their phones? If so they may be willing to send you one of these free too if yours is going to be phased out.
I didn't buy my phone from Tracfone. That is good to know. I heard Samsung invested 3 billion to build a new manufacturing plant in Vietnam. I forgot about 5G so maybe I should spend a little more and get a 5G compatible phone. I am going to being pissed if they shut down 4G. My understanding is Rural areas won't get 5G?

recent buys this year
- Thorogood boots [Wisconsin*]
- Adze [Sweden, by blacksmith Hans Karlsson]
- ductwork for the wood shop from US Duct [North Carolina]
- 5/8" Veritas power tenon cutter [Canada]
- Magpul CTR stock [Colorado]

* used to be all their shoes and boots were made in Wisconsin. Now their catalog is a mix, but origin is clearly labeled

I didn't buy my phone from Tracfone. That is good to know. I heard Samsung invested 3 billion to build a new manufacturing plant in Vietnam. I forgot about 5G so maybe I should spend a little more and get a 5G compatible phone. I am going to being pissed if they shut down 4G. My understanding is Rural areas won't get 5G?
I have not paid much attention to all this so not sure. We have 3 phones from Tracfone. The oldest one they replaced free I bought off Amazon. It was 4G but was lacking something else but can't remember what they were yammering about. It was originally Verizon. Where we lived it mostly worked. We moved to a place that Verizon would often get no signal but AT&T was 5 bars. So I bought an AT&T Sim for it years ago. The two phones Wife and I use I bought off Amazon, just again ordered AT&T Sims from Tracfone. Tracfone sells Sims for all 3 on the same plans, you choose which you want to use. The way its going if I was buying another phone I would get one that says it will work on 5G since that seems to be the way its all going.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top