JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I run a KVP linear comp on my 8" AR9.
The only time I can see the fireball is at the indoor range, and it's not that distracting.
I like it much better than the A2 style FH that I started with.
View attachment 730730

That's what I'm planning to upgrade to after being given the suggestion of a friend that runs them.

Mines for HD and trips in the rig, not a plinker or range toy other then practicing.

So far I run a Smith Vortex on everything, including the new 5.56 10.5" pistol I just put together.

Agreed that a CAN would be ideal for home defense, but then you are just making it longer, and if I was planning on a CAN I'd be using 300 BO and an adjustable gas block.

For now I'm sticking with the Smith since it KILLS the flash and will grab my noise cancelling ear protection if I'm not going for a pistol.

IMO you don't need a brake or compensator for 5.56. Honestly can't tell between a flash hider and a brake on this mild round.

I bought this flash hider. Do you need a crush washer for it? I have some and I always put crush washer on since I need to time the flash hider.

I bought this flash hider. Do you need a crush washer for it? I have some and I always put crush washer on since I need to time the flash hider.

No crush washer needed as timing is not necessary for this design. Just spin it on hand tight or tighten slightly with a wrench. Exiting gas from shooting it will actually cause it to tighten.

The SE Vortex is a great flash hider so is White Sound FOSSA and B.E. Meyers 249F, they are all work about the same is regards to flash suppression.

I run the FOSSA in part for the additional Mitigated Dust Signature and Compensated Muzzle Rise benefits.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top