JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Almost $10 a round for PMC:)

I have to wonder who in the world would fall for such a ripoff when others are selling .50 BMG ball for $3-4 per round and that particular match ammo for $7-8 per round?

IIRC, the new Speer GD 5.7x28 ammo was selling for $3-4 per round when it first came out. Now it is down to a more reasonable 70¢ per round, if you can find it in stock.

A few days ago I seen 9mm 124gn HST for the reasonable price of $1,995 a case.
Gunbroker completed sales for .45 HST was $69.99 a box of 50 + $15 shipping.

Yeah none of this makes sense. What gets me are the people that are saying that this is the new normal because of increased commodities prices because they saw that on youtube or the guy at the gun shop told them that. In fact commodities prices have been in the toilet for some time. The components of ammunition , even if they doubled overnight wouldn't add more than a few dollars per thousand. Its just plain profiteering and it will go on as long as people are scared of disease and riots and elections going the wrong way. Then it will collapse.

Those days are numbered, too.

I stopped by my local BiMart (97058) and for the first time no 9MM came in the shipment.

BiMart auto ships to their stores, meaning the outlets get what the warehouse sends.

And they did not send any 9 this week.:(
Both stores in Vancouver had lots of it this week
I'd bet at least 5-10K rounds in each store
I watched them bring out 4000 rounds this afternoon to restock their shelves.

Zero 45, 40, 10, 5.56 or 5.7x28 in the last few weeks but the 9 is plentiful...
for 1 day a week;)

I will use the term "Profiteering" for companies selling at these prices.
Yesterday, I bought a couple boxes of Federal 115gr 9MM at BiMart for $13.97 per box of 50. Why is Bimart able to sell at that price while other outfits are selling similar ammo for well over twice the price ($0.24/round vs $0.61/round)?
Free enterprise I guess, but as I keep saying, It's the people buying the ammo at these inflated prices that are driving the prices up.
Basic economics, and the difference between primary and secondary markets.

The primary markets, such as Bi-Mart and the like, sell at the pre-panic price because the cost of production hasn't changed. The manufacturer still makes them for about the same cost, the distributors have about the same costs, and stores like Bi-Mart don't jack up their profit margin because that's not their business model. The primary market usually runs on more set long-term models of sustainable profit margins and such.

The secondary market is a bit different. Supply and demand rules the day. When demand outstrips supply like it has now, prices are limited only by what the panicked public is willing to pay. We can get mad at those who sell for double and triple, but if you stick to your principles and sell what you have to sell too cheap, the person you sell it to is just as likely to turn around and make an obscene profit.

The primary market expects a reasonable long-term profit, whereas secondary market opportunists will grab at a fat short-term profit whenever they can. And to a degree, I can't really fault someone for that (within reason of course- profiteering during an emergency is a dirt-bag thing to do).

That's just my simplistic understanding of it. I'm not any kind of expert.

Only 44 left and selling fast.
About an hour ago they had 191 left.

Not on Gunbroker but on a commercial website AND provide a link
I'll start with this
1000 rounds of Armscor 115 gr 9MM FMJ for...

$610

Armscor - 9mm - 115 Grain - FMJ - 1000 Rounds - True Shot Gun Club
I'm not in the market but when u talk about gouging consumers, the #1 name that comes to mind is cheaper than dirt. Over $1/ round for 9mm steel case. They are real pricks. 0B55A28D-7F7B-45EC-9C15-D3AB05C747CA.png

I will use the term "Profiteering" for companies selling at these prices.
Yesterday, I bought a couple boxes of Federal 115gr 9MM at BiMart for $13.97 per box of 50. Why is Bimart able to sell at that price while other outfits are selling similar ammo for well over twice the price ($0.24/round vs $0.61/round)?
Free enterprise I guess, but as I keep saying, It's the people buying the ammo at these inflated prices that are driving the prices up.
I bought two boxes myself while shopping with the Mrs. I've always shopped at Bi-mart for guns and ammo. They are employee owned and realize that a steady customer base (not gouging) will always be more profitable over the long-haul.

699.99 for 1,000 rounds of Blazer Brass 115 grain 9mm.
Ironically I can get brass .45 GAP for $450 per 1,000 or aluminum cased for $320 per 1,000, never could I have anticipated .45 GAP being cheaper to shoot than 9mm.

Now is a great time for getting into the odd and more obscure calibers they seem to be more available online for cheaper pricing than common rounds like 9mm,.40S&W, or .45 ACP. For .22LR I'm not to worried about, worst case I buy some from my buddy with countless thousands stockpiled. It is hard to shoot much out of my Ruger Standard though as the mags don't load as easy as the newer MK series, it does shoot great though and has the best factory trigger on a .22LR I've ever felt.

The previously highest price I ever saw 22LR on the shelves was about 10 years ago, courtesy of you-know-who, when common plinker grade 50 round boxes were $10 and bricks were $100.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top