JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A shot up fire extinguisher with no bottom set over the top of a bottle of tannerite. This missile of twisted and sharp metal launched from about a 90 yard firing line to about 15 feet behind the firing line where it landed on a Ford Explorer roof. Spectators were sitting on tailgates all along that row of cars.

Remember kids, Tannerite is a target. It should not be used as a means of propulsion for any other object.

A guy & his kid set up their target stand right in front of a sign that said "Set targets beyond this sign" (or something like that). They then proceeded to shoot many holes into the sign (because it was right behind their target).

Range master came out and make a huge stink about it - kicked them out of the range. I kind of felt sorry for this guy & his kid because clearly they didn't know what they were doing & I doubt the kid had a very positive experience shooting as a result of this.

Some dudes firing a shotgun down range when his buddies were setting up targets DOWN RANGE! Idiots...
I believe one of the things the shooters yelled was "Dont worry, we're not shooting at you!"

I've also seen some individuals completely wasted their first time shooting. I left as soon as I could. Even left my target stands down range because i didnt feel like getting shot at :)

LOL... Army Grunts using live .45ACP FMJ rounds (inserted nose end first) as hearing protection!! :s0155:

I admit, that SOUNDS stupid, but seriously, unless someone sticks a firing pin in their ears, they have more of a chance of getting accidently shot by the guy next to them than they do of a round magically going off in their ear.

I did read a poster for lost and found at ARPC in albany. It read something to the nature that someone had LEFT their MP5 FULL AUTO SUB-MACHINEGUN at the range and came back and it was gone! Please return it! Not sure if it was ever returned or not. Stupid? Kinda, sorta, maybe.

I admit, that SOUNDS stupid, but seriously, unless someone sticks a firing pin in their ears, they have more of a chance of getting accidently shot by the guy next to them than they do of a round magically going off in their ear.

LMAO... well admittedly I was one of those Army grunts (I was 19) :p , because I thought the same thing you just stated, but the range master was walking the line and caught the dummies one position upstream of me and started to chew the snot out of them in his loud Oklahoma accent, dang that was a FUNNY tirade!!! I promptly removed my "field expediant" hearing protection and escaped an "Alpha Charlie".... I grew up into a responsible NCO (before I ETS'd), and I have never done that since, though... I'm now 42.5 and plan to go well into my 90's... unless I'm turned into a bar of soap or a lamp shade in a FEMA camp... or sump'in. :D

I was at the Fernan Rod and Gun Club in Fernan, Id for a MG shoot. The guy next to me had an HK MP5 and was going full-auto on a cheep steel spinning target. He dumped a full mag into it from 15 yards, and while shooting it had fallen back and had gotten lodged into the bank. He proceeded to slap in another mag as quick as he could and dumped it. About half way through the mag I catch a ricochet right in the gut. I was wearing a carhart jacket and it didn't penetrate, but I was PISSED! It was an accident, I understand, but could have been easily avoided.

Dumest thing I saw at a range was me! I bought my only AK and took it to a local outdoor range. when I took the first shot I sent more than one round. Everyone gave me a look. I cleared the rifle and changed mags. My next shot was the same, several rounds sent in a single pull. The light turned on above my head and I figured out the AK I bought had been modified to full auto. I left the range quickly and hoped that I wouldn't be reported. The next weekend I took the rifle to the woods after a detailed cleaning to see what would happen. It was fun to spray 30 rounds but simply not something I wanted or by law could own. I think I spent as much on the rifle to make it legit again as I purchased the rifle for and then sold it for about what I paid for it in the first place. I just wanted as much distance between me and that rifle as possible.

Seen at lot of stupid things at the range but before I point out some one else I have to admit my stupid first.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top