JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The series 1s all have internal extractors, the IIs can have either, the new production series IIs have the internal. Kimber had some issues with the external extractor, some pistols worked great, some horrible. Kimber scrapped the external and went back to the internal sue to customer demand(I got this info directly from Kimber customer service)

Safties, the series 1s are based on the Colt Series 70 style with no firing pin safety.

The Series IIs are based on the Colt Series 80 style with the firing pin safety.

The firing pin safety is a pin liked to the pin that holds the sear and the disconnector togeeather, that pin is lifted up by depressing the grip safety, and the pin pushes up a "button" on the under side of the slide and moves the firing pin into the firing position.

Most 1911 fans don't like the Series 80/Series II safties as it is one more thing that can break, and requires the gun to be disassemnled a little differently. Also, some guns with the series 80/series II safties are a little more fussy in operation. Some guns the pin may be too short and not ush up on the "button" as well as it should. Mainly this is due to incorrect take down and reassembly.

The difference in field stripping is that the grip safety MUST NOT be pressed in during take down and reassembly or the slide will damage the pin that lifts the "button" the pin sticks up out of the frame when the grips safety is pushed in. If done incorrectly you can damage the pin and the safety won't work.

I SHOULD HAVE TYPED IN ALL CAP!

thanks skang. i think you just saved my kimber. i did have a little trouble with take down and reassembly.whats up with all the violence with my caps!!!!

thanks skang. i think you just saved my kimber. i did have a little trouble with take down and reassembly.whats up with all the violence with my caps!!!!

Generally, people that type in all caps don't get such pleasant responses. Personally, I hate reading anything in all caps and will go out of my way to be un-helpful to someone that can't figure out how to use the capslock.

Generally, people that type in all caps don't get such pleasant responses. Personally, I hate reading anything in all caps and will go out of my way to be un-helpful to someone that can't figure out how to use the capslock.

well i say F.U. YOU STUPID M.F.
hAvE a NiCe dAy....

well i say F.U. YOU STUPID M.F.
hAvE a NiCe dAy....

yeah-he-mad-10160.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR