JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bragging rights! watsamatta with you? poor or something?!? LOL all joking aside though, pricing has a lot to do with reliabilty and being durable. There are plenty of other factors such as fit/finish/machining/design/clarity and so on. The BSA works perfectly fine and you won't need an aimpoint/eotech if you're just using it for plinking on occasions. However, battle conditions are different and the aimpoints/eotechs (yes i know there are other optic brands but i am lazy) are designed to take any kind of weather conditions and the most important feature is being resistant to shock. I know the bsa seems durable enough but trust me it won't last for long if you're really going to test it.

When it comes to optic the saying is especially true. "you get what you pay for".

usually battery life, durability, and better glass .

most aimpoints batteries last 5 years ON. some 8 years on.

Aimpoints, Acogs, can take A LOT of abuse watched the T one on a ar15 dropped out of a helicoper
and the glass was cracked and but still worked and hit its target.

M4 Torture Test Promo - YouTube

I had a cheap ones glass bust when the rifle fell over in the garge

Maybe more water/weather proof you need to compare side by side specs

but if your happy with the cheapo and don't plan to enter any intense competition that really matters, or think the sky is falling or your life is gonna depend on it well then your fine.

I am not putting down cheap red dots at all some of them are pretty good. personally I really like the S.P.O.T. red dot cost $150 and is very durable but does not have the extended battery life of a aimpoint. Also like the primary arms products as well.

I have a BSA red dot ($50) on a 10/22, a Bushnell Trophy red / green with selectable reticles ($80) on my turkey shotgun, and an aimpoint ($400) on my AR. If you only had one, you'd think any one of them is fine, but put them side by side and look at the same target through all 3 and you'll see why there is a 10-fold difference in price. After looking through the Aimpoint, the cheaper red dots look like a foggy day - you can see stuff, but it's not a confidence builder. Is the Aimpoint worth $300 more? On the platforms they are designed for, I think so. But if you are just plinking, have back-up irons, and don't care about burning through button batteries, you can always buy 8 or so BSAs and consider them disposable.

I had a cheap BSA red dot a while back. It was only a range gun but after less than around 30 shots on my semi auto shotgun and it would no longer calibrate windage or elevation. Still worked but you couldn't sight it in at all. Maybe on just a .22 or pistol carbine they would be ok...

So i was just curious what is the difference between a cheap red/greeb dot and a expensive red/green dot scope?

The dot is still there after the first shot......lol. I really only had this happen with a holographic site. I bought one of the cheapo Chinese reflex jobs, sighted it in - dead nuts accurate for one shot, then the dot disappeared. I've actually had decent luck with our cheapo multi-dot sight i have. I see the blue dot better then the green or red personally :D

I think battery life, as well as the ability to leave the battery in it while stored, and durability in field use are likely some points that set the higher end sights up on their little pedestals.

I have 2 Walther Top Point Red Dot Scopes. One is on my Walther G22 bullpup .22lr rifle, and the other will go onto my 10/22. These are great inexpensive red dot scopes, and the one on my G22 has held zero and is dead on accurate when sighted in.

Just my 2 scopes worth of opinion.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!!

Its pretty hard to beat a BSA for the price. I had one on my ar10 and it was accurate as heck and it never had any issues with zero or lighting it had even taken a couple of spills with me when i was using it got a little scratched up but nothing major still works today! Not bad for a 25 dollar red dot :).

JP

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top