JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So scrolling through the ads and clicked on a couple wtt,wts ads.

Seems people think that because they are offering their gun for trade it means that they get more value for it, What is the deal with that.

Just because you want to trade does not mean your gun is worth more now. GET A CLUE!!

On the other hand, I am selling my shotgun for 300 but if anyone is interested in a trade, value is 550 so maybe a nice kimber will do.But it has to have extras and be practically new :s0155:

There are people I wont even deal with because of that reason, but hey I guess it is their right, just doesnt mean they are going to sell.

If you were the one selling the $300 shotgun and someone offered you a Kimber would you be complaining? It might come as a shock to you but there are some people who do even trades even if there is a large value difference. Value is not a factor if you want something bad enough. Why buy a $5 soda at an amusement park when you can buy the same exact size and flavor at a mini mart for $1 :s0159: I do get your point but there are lots of $300 shotguns out there :s0155:

Its their way of saying they want to sell so stop sending offers for trade...

That and some folks value their trade items at brand new price when its several years and few thousand rounds old

There have been dozens of threads on this and hundreds of posts.

People can ask what ever they want for a gun and impose what ever restrictions they want on the sale.

If people want it then they pay the price and meet the conditions, if they don't, it won't sell.

Simple.

I've traded guns expensive guns for cheaper guns because it's what I wanted at the time. I've also traded cheaper guns for more expensive guns because it's what the other person and me wanted at the time. For me the value of a gun is based on what I'm going to get out of it personally, not financially. I got a gun listed right now. One of the trades I'm asking for is worth about $150-200 more than my gun and one is worth about $200 bucks less than my gun (or about $400 bucks less if ya bought it back in the 1980's when you could get 'em for $100 bucks but that was before Clinton)

I get the idea about someone wanting a gun bad enough and offering but it kind bugs me when someone expects to get more just because of a trade.

They can do whatever they want i get that but It would most likely keep me from doing business with them,

I for one, think that only wanting to trade is a great idea. Someone that has a firearm that they have no real use for, and does not need money, should offer it to trade for something that they would use or maybe something that is no longer being produced that is hard to find. If they they put a little higher trade value on it than one might sell a used gun for then so be it. If I am trading a shotgun that I paid $400 for, but used it is only worth $300, and I want to trade for something worth $425, then it is my prerogative to do so. And sometimes, you find that person that has what you want, and you have what they want, a deal is made and everyone is happy.

With a robust economy, the value of the dollar is usually more appealing. I remember a few years ago, I had an AK and needed some money at the time and strictly mentioned "no trades, unless you're prepared to get ripped off" and although I was asking $500 for the AK, someone offered me a $450 gun + $200 cash for my AK so I took it without a blink. Sometimes the buyer doesn't have enough cold hard cash and has to get back pennies-on-the-dollar for an asset to acquire something they WANT.

I would say something cute like it's that time of week for the "WTF is up with the ads?" thread
But when I am trading,I want to be able to get the trade at a reasonable price so I can sell it.
I'll take trades I may not want,but I won't give full price for them and I state that when I answer any PMs

That's my view of this

With a robust economy, the value of the dollar is usually more appealing. I remember a few years ago, I had an AK and needed some money at the time and strictly mentioned "no trades, unless you're prepared to get ripped off" and although I was asking $500 for the AK, someone offered me a $450 gun + $200 cash for my AK so I took it without a blink. Sometimes the buyer doesn't have enough cold hard cash and has to get back pennies-on-the-dollar for an asset to acquire something they WANT.

translation: Money Talks. another translation: Cash is King. It is the very simple principle that VERY often, cash in hand is more desirable than a gun. (Even LESS cash may be more valuable than what the prospective gun to be traded for might be "worth").

So scrolling through the forums I see another post from someone upset about how someone else is living their life. I don't get these people. rather then say hey that's overpriced and move along, they decide to start thread number 35 for the week complaining about prices.

NO ONE IS MAKING YOU BUY/OFFER/LOOK AT the classifieds.
PEOPLE ARE DUMB- members still can't figure out when an ad says sold and is closed, PM'ng an offer is kinda pointless! Though I am half tempted to accept; the ad they make offer on clearly states the gun is gone so maybe they just want to give me theres..

So scrolling through the forums I see another post from someone upset about how someone else is living their life. I don't get these people. rather then say hey that's overpriced and move along, they decide to start thread number 35 for the week complaining about prices.

NO ONE IS MAKING YOU BUY/OFFER/LOOK AT the classifieds.
PEOPLE ARE DUMB- members still can't figure out when an ad says sold and is closed, PM'ng an offer is kinda pointless! Though I am half tempted to accept; the ad they make offer on clearly states the gun is gone so maybe they just want to give me theres..

You know whats annoying, when the ad says sold, but he/she didn't close the thread, and somebody bumps it up and tells them to close their ad?!? If the item is sold, then why bother with it?

Back to the op, I do it cause everyone else does it:cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads