JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a magpul foreguard on my AR and of course the are piece meal so you gotta buy the goodies for it. I want to put a two point sling on it for hunting not to be tacticool.
I see a bunch of different pieces at magpul along with different slings
Are the QD slings rock solid? Are the clips better?
What's your favorite system?
Oh yeah is it easiest to just mount a sling swivel for a bipod?

I have a magpul foreguard on my AR and of course the are piece meal so you gotta buy the goodies for it. I want to put a two point sling on it for hunting not to be tacticool.
I see a bunch of different pieces at magpul along with different slings
Are the QD slings rock solid? Are the clips better?
What's your favorite system?
Oh yeah is it easiest to just mount a sling swivel for a bipod?
The sexiest and cleanest way to mount to an "early" Magpul handguard is to use Impact Weapons Components hardware.
IWCQD5.jpg

If you have a "later" Magpul handguard with M-Lok slots, then you can use M-Lok hardware.

The name brand QD hardware is very good.
A nifty way to attach at the buttstock end is to use an endplate with a QD socket.
IWC-QD-End-Plate-AR15.jpg

For slings, I like Blue Force Gear....very high quality stuff at reasonable prices.

There are many ways to do a sling on an AR, the above are just a couple of options.
Good luck and buy quality USA stuff...it's not much more $ than the Chinese crap.

Edit:
On my Magpul rigged AR I used the USGI sling swivel that is riveted to the A-frame gas block and a Noveske socket endplate at the other end.
Sling is a BFG Victory.

Well just had to do this today and found what I needed after a few YT vids
Got the magpul m-lock paraclip sling mount that will bolt right up to the fore guard and the ms3 gen 2 sling.
I can take one para clip off and attach that end to the butstock and hook the front to the sling mount. Or I guess I can just clip one end to the sling loop on the stock so if I need to be all cris costa on the song dogs I can go single point sling.:cool:
I got mine fingered out but go ahead and post some ideas for other folks

Sling to aid in shooting or sling to aid in carrying?
Most of what's been discussed would be for carry.
You would want to go with a free float National Match type handguard for shooting so as to not place unwanted pressure on the barrel.

Here's the "guts" of a Compass Lake...

Last edited by a moderator:
QD is the lowest profile and snag free design when recessed into the hand guard and/or end plate.

Most of what's been discussed would be for carry.
You would want to go with a free float National Match type handguard for shooting so as to not place unwanted pressure on the barrel.

Here's the "guts" of a Compass Lake...
BTW Only 1 pic came thru for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
For hunting, I think all the metal-on-metal with QD sling swivels and the clip-on style pieces are way too noisey. I also dont like my rifle pointed downward when I hunt because a slip could shove that muzzle into the ground and create a potential obstruction. This is why I can't warm up to hunting with an AR.

Do you have a carbine or a rifle? If you have a rifle, I would just use a standard hunting sling mounted fore and aft.

I don't particularly like or would I use an AR for hunting but for dogs. I don't care what other folks use I just wouldn't ever use one for deer or elk.
This is a mid length barrel on a cheapo Delton AR. I posted what I bought up above and I'm just hooking the one end to the military style sling loop. I'm sure at some point I will put a nicer butt stock on it.
As for noise if I'm sitting around looking for yotes I'll probably take the sling of so it doesn't get in the way. I'm sure I could hook it on every branch or step on it as I brought the gun up,lol

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top