JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
ok soo I know the title says Whats the Best way to carry your "pocket pistol" or ur Back up and when i say pocket pistol i mean the little guns we own for example: The Sig P238, SnW Bodyguard, lil keltec's etc.... do you find it easier to carry IN your pocket with the right holster, ankle, perhaps a little IWB or OWB holster.. Im just trying to figure out how to carry my P238, Im not to fond of pocket carry, but if it comes down to it i will...

P228 strong side @ 5:00 OWB
S&W442 @ 11:00 IWB using a SmartCarry... I've tried everything else and this is the only way to keep the barrel from grinding into my leg in the Appendix position. Grip (hogue mono-grip) is hanging on the belt line and accessible by both hands.

Really depends on what I'm wearing. Mostly, I'll go with a DeSantis Nemsis pocket holster for my 642 or PM9. However, I'll also do IWB with my PM9 on occasion. I have a P3AT (which I don't carry much anymore) that rides in a back pocket holster.

Just like Sun195 said, it all depends on what you are wearing/time of year. If I'm in shorts and T-shirt, then a small of the back works for me. I carry a Kimber Eclipse Ultra, and after a few weeks, I was used to having it in the small of my back. If its cooler outside, a loose outer shirt or jacket will cover my strong side IWB. Just remember however you carry practice practice practice. Just my .02

When I carry my BUG, it is a Keltec P32, I carry it in my back pocket. It has the pocket clip attached to the frame. I carry this as a BUG and a deep concealed gun. Otherwise, I have been liberated and carry openly one of my Sigs (P229 or P250) with no issues in over a year.

Is a single action P238 safe for pocket carry in condition one? I don't have an opinion, just asking the question since I have my eye on on the P238.

ok soo I know the title says Whats the Best way to carry your "pocket pistol" or ur Back up and when i say pocket pistol i mean the little guns we own for example: The Sig P238, SnW Bodyguard, lil keltec's etc.... do you find it easier to carry IN your pocket with the right holster, ankle, perhaps a little IWB or OWB holster.. Im just trying to figure out how to carry my P238, Im not to fond of pocket carry, but if it comes down to it i will...

I am gonna have to go with the pocket to carry a pocket pistol.

I've been carrying my p238 in the pocket, but I'm thinking of getting a nice IWB for it cuz I simply can not get a consistent draw and that bothers me. It might just be that I'm still using this CRAPHAWK! pocket holster though (only thing in the gun store at the time of purchase). Perhaps a better pocket holster would be good.

Is a single action P238 safe for pocket carry in condition one? I don't have an opinion, just asking the question since I have my eye on on the P238.

Safety is very solid and "clicky" if that makes any sense. I don't feel it will come off in my pocket. Try one at a gun store. It hasn't in the month or so I've been carrying it.

I don't have a Sig P238, but thinking of carrying a single action exposed hammer in a pocket, thumb safety or not, makes my boys ache. I would only carry a double action in a pocket, but YMMV.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top