JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stomp, Glad you are happy with it!
ORHunter, If you are looking for the same price range. I am VERY happy with my Marlin X7.
through Davidsons to my local the price was a tad under $300 before tax. Mine is a 25-06 and is my "go to" coyote killer.

Gotta give Stomper some serious credit for outfitting his "econo-rifle" with good optics. I was mildly amused that he found a light bolt .308 to have some "directed authority to the rear".

A neighbor was in the same market and opted for the Axis. He brought it to me to fix the trigger, and that venture was eminently successful (7.5 lbs to 3.25, and it took 20 minutes: a spring change and set screw intallment). Can't talk about accuracy, since I didn't shoot it.

BTW: though the Savage Accu-trigger has garnered a great following, that style of "two-piece" trigger I simply hate. Unfortunately, the same idea is migrating to other brands. I guess some love it.

When I feel my finger on the trigger, I want my finger on the TRIGGER!

Gotta give Stomper some serious credit for outfitting his "econo-rifle" with good optics. I was mildly amused that he found a light bolt .308 to have some "directed authority to the rear".

BTW: though the Savage Accu-trigger has garnered a great following, that style of "two-piece" trigger I simply hate. Unfortunately, the same idea is migrating to other brands. I guess some love it.

When I feel my finger on the trigger, I want my finger on the TRIGGER!

LOL... keep in mind that I'm a semi/auto guy, I've fired M14's and I own a .308 Galil, and they were/are quite controllable on follow up shots compared to my Ruger American. I fired one shot from my buddy's Mosin-Nagant on the 4th of July, and barely felt a thing due to it being heavier... but DANG my ears rang!

As for the trigger, I don't even really notice the "first stage", its like the trigger on my Glock so maybe that's why. It sure does break pretty clean. I just picked up a box of Remington Core-Lock, and a box of Hornandy SST match grade, both with 150gr. bullets. It'll be interesting to see the results on the next range day, I'll post the results when I get done.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top