JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Big fan of the PDX1 rounds...little bit of both worlds (slug and buck shot)

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Read what I posted from Box O Truth.. that was a close range very shallow 12 GA birdshot wound that did not incapacitate

I think the only reason you would use a bird shot is to keep the innocents in adjacent rooms from getting hurt. I mean if it won't go through dry wall, its not going to incapacitate...That being said, ouch, it would hurt a heck of a lot

I think the only reason you would use a bird shot is to keep the innocents in adjacent rooms from getting hurt. I mean if it won't go through dry wall, its not going to incapacitate...That being said, ouch, it would hurt a heck of a lot

If the perp was not drunk or hopped up. The old PCP thing was the worst, I have read horror stories of what some of them absorbed before submitting to lead poisoning. One active shooter mentioned in Massad Ayoob's book took 33 9MM FMJs and kept driving and shooting back, took shotgun slugs to finally stop him. Ayoob included the autopsy photo with the caption that he looked like a connect the dots puzzle. So much for birdshot

I've always been a fan of #4 buck loads. I wont disagree that double00 is one bad hombre, but I can say with certainty that I know #4 is. Even the 2 3/4" loads fly 27 20 caliber pellets.
Again I'm not saying that I don't have oodles of double ought, but that reach for unit is stuffed with the 4 buck, and it's flat out evil to any distance a shotgun should be used.

Look back up at post 34, and click the box o truth link. I've known for a long time the #4 buck won't always give the penetration to vitals you need. I'd stick with that 00.

$.02

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top