JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like the 115 grain Speer Gold Dot and the Cor-Bon in the 115 grain as well. Things to keep in mind though:

1) ER Docs and Surgeons that deal with bullet wounds point out that there is no appreciable difference in wounds created by 9mm, .40 and .45. So no matter what, shot placement that creates more "leaks" is more effective as a tool than what bullets are used to do it.

2) People shot with pistols run away. People shot with rifles die. Use your pistol to fight your way to a rifle.

3) There is no known case of any Bad Guy surviving a 5 round burst to the face, regardless of caliber.

According to ballistic tests and research performed by Dr. Roberts (DocGKR), heaver bullets do better. Lighter bullets (115g) are more inconsistant. Here's a quote from him...
"With the exception of the Barnes 115 gr XPB all copper projectile, in general, most 9 mm 115 gr loads have demonstrated greater inconsistency, insufficient penetration, poor intermediate barrier capability, and failure to expand in denim testing than other 9mm bullets. For those individuals wanting to use lighter weight, supersonic 9 mm's, I think a better alternative than the vast majority of 115 gr loads is to use the slightly heavier 124 to 127 gr bullets or the Barnes 115 gr all copper bullet"

According to ballistic tests and research performed by Dr. Roberts (DocGKR), heaver bullets do better. Lighter bullets (115g) are more inconsistant. Here's a quote from him...
Do better for what? Going x deep into gelatin or humans? I guess the old 125gr jhp .357 magnum never even killed or stopped a single soul. lol

So with that said does the poly tipped bullets really help to get through the clothes? I load up with the polymer tipped as I have read and heard they help to get through clothing and still expand. No real evidence I have heard of besides some articles that are there to sell the ammo.

very mildly, its got to be up there with 22lr for death toll

Was that supposed to be a lol? .40, 45, .357sig. lol

That's not an lol to me, lol. :)

The 9 and .22 have something in common in that they can penetrate pretty well.

As for death toll, how many deer have been killed at night with anything other than a .22? So, if you're no good at math you can say that 50% of the time all deer have been and are killed with a .22lr. LOL. :)

Can haz opinion, but yer rong.:D Ricks 1911 v SW500 reduced pic.JPG

I cant lie men, those 1911's are tight, they both look unique to me....probably the sights?

you guys would probably laugh at my 1911...it was made in the 30's which I like , its only a 38 Super, and its a Llama.....I've never owned a Llama other than this one , hear people trash Llama but the one I have has been in the family for a while and as far as I know its never had a failure, but it gets shot maybe a couple mags 4 times a years so it doesnt have a lot of chances at failure lol

But hey your sisters probably want their ACP's back....:s0149:

IMG_1094_zpswdfaexyb.jpg IMG_1175_zpsbcb8e0be.jpg IMGA0050_zps15bca90d.jpg

9mm Federal HST 124 gr +P bullet recovered after being shot into a row of water filled jugs.

This would hurt:

View attachment 237048

Hsts are definitely the nicest bullet and most true to fbi specs. However, the differences are minimal between hp. Problem with hst is that they're both rare and expensive as hell! It would be a better investment to buy more training rounds than super fancy hp.

However I still carry hst low recoil in my shield 9mm and they work well.

Night sights are a worth while purchase for a carry firearm too- my own 2 cents.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top