JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Markw76,
You are in an enviable position. I can't wait for the day I have the guns I need (versus want) and then the budget to really tune them up.

Fixed it for ya. I don't tune my guns out, I tune anti-gunners out!

I'm told I made some pretty good deals on what I've accumulated. Result of tight money, patience and timing! When I was younger, if I even thought I'd end up with a particular firearm (and I usually did...my tastes were narrow), when I spotted stuff that would be needed at gunshows or in a shop, I'd pick them up. Magazines, parts, pouches, accessories like muzzle covers and such, especially if it was GI surplus stuff. I sure missed out on a lot of stuff though. When I was little there were Yellow Front surplus stores around, and others, that had tons of WW2 canteens, webgear, helmets, the whole 9 yards. I don't think there were many guys that hadn't grown up killing Krauts or Japs in the back yard wearing all sorts of that surplus. Heck, when I joined Boy Scouts, back before REI, that kind of stuff made up most of our gear. Didn't keep a lick of it either. :(

WWII issue P-38

The parts and funds to convert my Mosin ex-sniper back to its WWII "Enemy at the Gate" glory

6.5 Banshee barrel and bolt.

CZ550 in some eargisplittenloudenboomer caliber like 416 Rigby or 458 Lott

Another CZ550 in 375 H&H rechambered to 375 Weatherby.

Colt Model 1903 Pocket Hammerless

Three inch S&W M36

Not sure if this is a shopping list, or pure fantasy, but....

1) Springfield M1A
2) Springfield 1911 Loaded or Dan Wesson Point Man 7
3) S&W 642 (no lock)
4) Remington 700 in .308 (maybe a tak-ti-kool one)
5) Lancaster Red AK or Arsenal (probably neither)
6) Ruger Blued Vaqueros (pair) .357 4.5"
7) Stoeger Coach Gun 12 ga
8) Beretta White Onyx 12 ga 28"
9) S&W 629 .44 Mag 5"
10) Ruger Blackhawk .41 Mag 6.5"
11) Ruger Stainless Ranch Rifle .223
12) CZ 527 Carbine .223

Some of these will probably follow me home some day. I'd guess the 1911, 642 and .308 are highest on the list.

Of course, if I did manage to get all of these (maybe I'll win the lottery), I'm not sure where I'd put them or when I'd find time to shoot them.

older S&W Model 10
unmolested Webley Mark VI
Remington Rolling Block NYS Militia model
S & W Model 1917 revolver
1874 Sharps
Henry .22 LR lever action
Russian SKS
.22 military trainer rifles
Ruger Mark II in Stainless, bull barrell 5-1/2"
S & W model 624 4" bbl.
S & W mod 629 6" bbl.

As much defensive training (of all types, not just with firearms) as I can get plus more accessories, magazines gear and plenty of ammo for all the guns I have already. A Washington carry permit, a Canadian PAL firearms permit and other permits. I'd like to eventually have at least one example of each major defensive firearms type and/or caliber. I'll pick these up as time permits and great deals pop up. I'm also curious about silencers.

On my short list of guns I'm more likely to get sooner than later:
- Kel-Tec .380
- Mossberg or Remington 12 gauge pump with 18.5 inch barrel
- .357 stubby revolver
- Marlin 1894c and/or 336y
- Ruger Mini-14, maybe the NRA model
- .22 pistol that I could eventually get a silencer for, maybe a P22?

Like others my "need" list is more of a "want" list because I can't afford anything right now...

A couple that would really round out my closet (I'm more hunting biased than defense biased with guns I purchase)-
Remington 870
Remington 700

What I would love but don't need-
Beretta 92 (my second favorite pistol behind the 1911)
FNP9 or M&P 9mm
Browning Lever Action .22lr
AR-15
GSG5
And of course, another 1911. You can never have too many as far as I'm concerned!

Remington 1877 Rolling Block in Spanish 43. (Next gun show if guy still has it)
Dillon 550
1917 Eddystone
(Did have a Winchester 1894 Saddle Ring on the list but took care of that a couple weeks ago. Picked up a nice mgf 1918 30 WCF cheap.) Wasn't on the top of the list, but sometimes ya gotta be flexible and take 'em when they are available and priced right.

Remington Model 700 SPS in .308 (May go for a 750 woodmaster as I'm right handed and my wife is left handed, and I want her to be able to shoot it easily, even if I'm not sure why.)

AR 15 (still not sure which make)

9mm XD/Glock (for backpacking/hiking)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews