JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tac you may have "old clunkers". ( any "old clunker" of yours that you don't want , send my way please )
But what I've seen so far of yours has lots of class.
We may have everything , but one needs to look long and hard for a rifle with class amid all the plastic , and rifles that look just like one another around here.

Because 90% of everything has no stories, and 98% of plastic and aluminum has no stories. The simple B model Mauser sporter with the Rhodesian story is a perfect example. When there's wood and blued steel you can see marks from hunting excursions. You can see bluing wear on the receiver where someone's hand curled around it carrying it on countless jaunts through the woods. They have life.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sad for you that you have to live in a country that limits your rights as to what you can own. I like that my pistols and revolvers don't have donkey dinks welded to the grip frames. But what you have and the stories that are with them seem to be a good consolation.

V. kind resplone, MountainBear, thank you. I'm sad too, especially since I don't live in the one part of the UK where all kinds of handgun are still permitted. I totally refuse to go down the only avenue open to me here on mainland yUK, that of applying for a particular kind of permit that DOES allow you to 'own' a cartridge-firing handgun that actually looks like a handgun, and not something out of a Buck Rogers movie.

Y'see, IF you don't mind going to VISIT with your handgun, at one of around seven locations where it can be stored in England - NOT Wales or Scotland - then you can 'own' a handgun but you can only shoot it in the interests of historical discourse, or in some kind of chin-stroking intellectual exercise. All the time being overseen by some spotty yoof who makes sure that you don't derive too much pleasure out of the exercise, or, G*d forbid, shoot at a a target.

Not only is it demeaning, but it's horrific in a way that I find hard to describe. When the root cause of all this grief took place, in Dunblane in 1996, I was a senior officer in the British Army, and about as likely to go slaughtering school-kids as flying unaided around the local parish church. Needless to say 'something had to be done' to stop all these mass-murders [only the second such event in the entire recent history of the yUK], so all the legal handgun owners on mainland yUK paid the price.

Sh*tty doesn't even begin to describe it.

Sorry for that, folks.:oops:

tac

Well,some days it feels the US is sadly heading that direction. But at the moment, we still have a good amount of freedom to be thankful for and the ability to advocate meaningfully to keep those rights we have and maybe even gain back those we've lost.

If you ever get back to Oregon, my gun safe and its pistols are available to you to enjoy. I figure we need to get together a bunch of us who still enjoy wood and steel and have a classic gun shoot anyway.

upload_2015-11-25_19-45-28.png

tac

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews