JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Barrett M107A, or a Bohica upper for an AR15, and a 338 Lapua on an AR10 platform. The Ruger Precision Rifle and their Gunsite Scout have been getting my attention. Someday...........

Desert Tech in 6.5CM and .338LM.

A shooting pal here in yUK is the sole importer.

So I get to shoot them.........
upload_2015-11-20_11-7-33.png
upload_2015-11-20_11-8-16.png

tac

Will never be able to afford one, but since this is a "wishlist", I would love to have a pre-war Mauser sporter full stock carbine in 7x57 mm
Andy

Again, I can't help out with a full-stock version but just to whet your appetite. I DO have this old gal, bought in the Army & Navy Stores in Great Victoria St, London, in 1913, by a family going out to Rhodesia to grow tobacco. When Mugabe's thugs started making life difficult for white people, the major part of the family upped stocks and came back to England, bringing their guns with them. This was bought on my behalf at an auction in Liverpool for £80.

upload_2015-11-24_16-19-15.png
upload_2015-11-24_16-19-43.png
upload_2015-11-24_16-20-12.png
upload_2015-11-24_16-20-55.png upload_2015-11-24_16-25-18.png

It is, of course, in 7x57 Mauser.

There is a interesting twist to the story of this lovely old gun. A couple of years back, a then-new member of our gun club, from Tanzania, was shooting it and having heard the story, told me that he'd been to boarding school in Harare with a person of the same name. Taking some pics, and sending them off to him resulted in the news that the rifle had been his great-grandfather's, and he had learnt to shoot with it.

Small world, eh?

tac

Sorry, I should have mentioned that it's a basic, no-frills Model B 'sporting rifle'. It is as light as a feather - a tad over 6 pounds, and comes up and points like a good shotgun, which, of course, is just what you want for taking game that goes boing or 'spring'.

A few years back we used to have to so-called 'charging bloon' shoot at Christmas-time. A bunch of eight bloons were tied singly to cross members on the backstop, and you had 30 seconds to 'kill' as many as you could, while they were leppin' around in the wind.

Wounds didn't count, only solid hits...:rolleyes:

Did I mention that it was shot standing with open sights - bolt-actions only - any calibre, though. Bear in mind that it needed a reload, too, as only five-round magazines were allowed.

...at 100m.

I used to do VERY well with this handy little rifle.:D

tac

Thanks, Andy. I love it to bits, but then, I love them all to bits. Most of my guns have little stories, some funny and some sad. All of my guns - nineteen of 'em - added together didn't cost me as much as some folks pay for their modern laser-accurate pieces, but that's my choice.

Best from rural East Anglia, near a USAF base.

tac

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads