JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FN Mini Hecate II in .338 lapua or 50 BMG

View attachment 252313

NastyByNature, I mean a bigger safe, like the 40 Ft³ safe at Costco, and give my 10 gun unit to my bro.

Swedish K, Oh you HAD to go and show me! Now I remember...
The FN, or a TRG - both choices sweet, but if I had the bank, this would be in my stable:
Desert Tactical SRS -- fitted for 260 Rem, 300WM and 338 LM & NF Glass.

DTA_SRS.jpg

Confining it to rifles alone:

1 each "standard" and "sniper" Garand
1 each "late-war standard," "para" and modernized-for-home-defense M1 Carbine
1 each M14/M1A and M21 DMR
For the record, these wouldn't need to be original MilSurps, just GI-spec replicas except the "Modernized Carbine"

Matched trio of CQB/home-defense AR's

Last Edited:
Savage A-17 semi-auto, .17HMR

However, I went to a LGS a couple of months ago, with cash in pocket, and handled one, yuck! I wouldn't buy such a gritty trigger and action, POS if it was the last rifle on earth! If it was free! Maybe some day if they clean them up a bunch!

I would love to get an Uberti replica 1876 Winchester in .50-95 Experess! That's Paul Newman's rifle in the movie Hombre!

Savage A-17 semi-auto, .17HMR

However, I went to a LGS a couple of months ago, with cash in pocket, and handled one, yuck! I wouldn't buy such a gritty trigger and action, POS if it was the last rifle on earth! If it was free! Maybe some day if they clean them up a bunch!

I would love to get an Uberti replica 1876 Winchester in .50-95 Experess! That's Paul Newman's rifle in the movie Hombre!

Do those Savages have feed issue ? Or is that just a rumor ?

Would like to find a Marlin model 62 and a Universal Ferret, both in .256 Win. Mag., to go with my Ruger Hawkeye, T/C Contender and Falling Block Works rifle.

Do those Savages have feed issue ? Or is that just a rumor ?
I don't know about the A17 but I would imagine the 17 doesn't feed that great in a semi auto,like any other long slim cartridge.
I had the Bmag,the savage 17 WSM? It also was a POS. Wasn't that accurate and the bolt was awful.
Maybe Savage started to think their older rifles were doing good enough that they could cut back and still sell new ones?
Terrible game to play with guns. Stops the sales and takes lots of time for folks to trust your product again

Savage Rascal in black. It's the only gun on my wish list and it's not for me. My grandson is starting to shoot, with the Henry 22 I bought Mom 10 years ago, and I need to buy him his own gun. I've bought several guns for gifts to family members and he already has his 30-30, but I need a .22 that fits him well.

Personally I see lots of cool guns, but my only wish for me is either for Spitpatch to give me his Browning B-78 or more likely I'll rechamber my '06 to an Ackley Improved.

I don't know about the A17 but I would imagine the 17 doesn't feed that great in a semi auto,like any other long slim cartridge.
I had the Bmag,the savage 17 WSM? It also was a POS. Wasn't that accurate and the bolt was awful.
Maybe Savage started to think their older rifles were doing good enough that they could cut back and still sell new ones?
Terrible game to play with guns. Stops the sales and takes lots of time for folks to trust your product again
Thanks for heads up about the Savage 17 Semi-Auto, :s0108:kinda popped my bubble, but saved a pain in the A$$ as well ! The Chiappa Little Badger 17 HMR looks like a good back pack rifle, but I don't hear much about them.:s0153: In my next life I would love a Marlin .45 Camp Rifle, M1 Rifle and any Zastava AK ! :s0003:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top