JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
labor day 004.JPG

I should'a taken a picture. Uncovered the Weber last night as it was almost 50 degrees and dry. I cooked up chicken thighs with apple wood smoke. Ate them with crock pot baked beans, from a couple night ago, and fresh green beans that winco had on for $.98 a pound. Tasted like Summa' Time!

Chicken thighs marinaded for 3 days in a buttermilk concoction my wife came up with.

This will go on the Weber bbq-er with chunks of oak for great smoke and a few briquets for 2 hours.

I used to be the one and only in charge of bbqing and she the propane grilling.

But, she decided after I taught her how to bbq that bbqing is now her domain too.

Absolutely fine by me...

When she first did this buttermilk marinade I had doubts about it, but hoo-boy it's goooo0000d!

We bbq year round as it rarely gets very cold, today the high is right at 70.

Last Edited:
29 outside tonight, but I love the cold and I love good griilins.

Tonight's chicken was amazing.View attachment 654133

Looks real good. Tonight the leftover smoked chicken thighs have been turned into chicken salad and will be stuffed into bollilo's with swiss, pepperoncini, purple onion and shredded lettuce. With the better-than-ever leftover baked beans as a side.

Different kind of grill, but I hope you approve.
Inaugural attempt at a "Discada" cooker, made from an old harrow plow disc. I bought it, but those more handy could make one. Handles welded on.
Seasoned it up this morning (high carbon steel, cooks and performs much like cast iron).
A cheap Bass Pro fish-fry propane burner provides plenty of heat.
Used ground turkey, onion, red and orange bell peppers, and some poblano pepper.
Salt and some taco seasoning. And avocado oil (high heat) to keep everything going...heated up the corn tortillas on the outer edge when it was time to serve. 7AB13A07-5A7A-4FA0-A002-46472678475F.jpeg AF61BB31-0613-48BC-A011-3FD9F28A15DA.jpeg 1E90B624-3B17-4F1B-9CB3-E6D26455D13C.jpeg
Worked out well. Very tasty

Hama Hama Oysters.........

Mmmmm. Fresh oysters on the grill. Where's the drooling icon? Only thing better is fresh oysters cooked over a wood fire. Like on the grill thing over the fire pit at a campground. That hint of wood smoke curling up around the oysters after they open.......

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top